Chapter 31

I silently settled myself in his passenger seat as soon as he opened the door. He closed it when i am already comfortable before turning over to go the driver's seat.

I almost let out a curse as i can feel my veins tingling from the anxiety. Why do i always feel so nervous and clammy? Whenever i am around him. I don't think i am going to get used of the things he always makes me feel.

When he finally settled on the driver seat. He moved his posture to start his car. Until i felt him stopped and staring at me. I raised my eyebrows as i turned to him to question.

He was frowning and looked unamused as his eyes dawned on what i am wearing. His eyes stopping at my exposed legs.

"Is there a problem?" I confronted him and i saw him sighed. And shaking his head before turning the vehicle. The engine vibrated to life.

"Do you have any other outfits to wear than those short dresses?" He asked sounding pissed and i almost rolled my eyes at him.

I already know it looked bad. He doesn't need to express it to me. Now i felt even more regret that i decided to wear the dress. It was too short and tight! And with my small body. I almost looked like a middle schooler!

"I know it looks bad. You don't need to mention it." I said in a small voice turning my eyes to look at the window.

I can see from the corner of my eyes as he smoothly pulled on his gear shift to descend his tesla from the parking station. He turned his body lightly to check the behind. His one arm on the steering wheel and the other resting on the top of the lean of his seat.

"It doesn't look bad Jo. Its just too short." He explains and i turned to see him. He licked his lips when i met his eyes and he turned back to the wheels.

It is too short. But it is either that or just my under wear. I wanted to say that to him but i am already done with the conversation. I didn't want the small issue to get further.

Since when did he start to care about what i wear? My style did changed over the years. Before. I always settled on my pants and just shirts. And i never heard any complain by Hero by then.

But now over the years of being influenced by some of my many friends. I also learnt to wear some short dresses and shorts. I figure the confidence i had gained over the years made me wear those kind of showy clothes.

"Which night club are we going again?" Hero asked breaking me from my thoughts. Then i realized that i forgot to give Khadijah my number! I was about to panicked when I heard Hero's phone beeped.

"Can you get that for me?" He asks in a chill tone. Given with the permission to touch his phone.

I slowly reached for it and i noticed he already changed his wallpaper. It was a picture of him with a little girl on his arms.

The blonde little girl, Is seemingly three years old and was giggling on his arms while Hero was smiling at the camera. My eyebrows furrowed as i stared on the toddler's unfamiliar face. And i couldn't help not minding my own business.

"Who is she?" I asked as i stared at his wallpaper. I saw him glancing at me to check what i was referring to before answering.

"That is my niece. Titan's daughter." He responded plainly and i just nodded taking me by surprise. A lot can really do happen in 5 years.

"Why did you change it? Natalie's picture. I meant." I asked the unsaid question out of curiosity. I swear it was Natalie Soles on his lock screen before. Were they together and had broken up? Because of what happened?

I saw how his eyebrows furrowed in confusion from my question. I don't think he knows that i noticed it.

"I did not set that wallpaper. She did. She managed to touch my phone while at work. I just did not had the time to change it because i don't really check my phone." He explained