Chapter 3

<Todoroki POV>
"Why do you have such a big scar on your face?" "Uh..." should I tell her..?

"Uh, if it's too private you don't have to answer!" she said with a sweaty face.

"No... all right. If we should get married then I want you to know what happened in my life..." he said while the two blushed.

"So my mother was living in the frost realm at that time. Since the frost realm seemed to be decaying, my grandfather offered to help them if her daughter would marry his son. In the end, they had to agree not to go under." Shouto took another breath to continue talking.  "After my grandfather died my father took over... He was horrible... He had 4 children with my mother... Next to me my older siblings Touya, Natsuo and Fuyumi... Touya was able to get married in another kingdom and Natsuo and Fuyumi are also trying to get married in other kingdoms and it looks good for them too... but I could never escape from here..." he said with a sad expression on his face. "Why...?"  "Because I have the best attributes for the next king... Anyway... My father forced me to learn all kinds of things or to train to fight... It hurts.. My mother tried to stop him, but he always hurt her again and again... it hurts to see her like this... every damn day I heard her cry... she cried and hugged me... after some time she couldn't stand it anymore and..." "And?" Momo was already touched by his story and couldn't imagine anything that could be worse.

"One day I heard her talking to herself... She said that she couldn't look me in the face anymore, because I would always look more like my father. She took the hot water that was on the table next to her when she heard me and shook it over the left side of my face... After my father heard about it, he locked her in a cell for 1 month... "he said, holding back his tears.

<Yaoyorozu>
How can someone experience such suffering and talk about it so quietly "Shouto..." "It's okay..."

She didn't really think and hugged him.  "Shouto, I'm sorry you had to go through all of this alone, but... from now on I'll stay with you forever..." I said without realizing what I was saying. Did I really just say that I would stay with him forever?

"Thank you... Momo... thank you..." he said, putting his arms around her waist and wiping the tears from his eyes.  "Momo... we should go... there will be dinner soon." "Okay..." she simply nodded.

5 minutes later Momo and Shouto went to the dining room.

"Momo dear there you are," said her mother. "Yes mother. Shouto and I talked a little more." Shouto nodded slightly before sitting next to his mother. Momo noticed how 3 people were staring at her. One of them was Queen Todoroki, but who were the others?

"Hello! My name is Momo Yaoyorozu! I'm happy to meet you...?"  "Fuyumi Todoroki and my brother Natsuo!"  Fuyumi said with a broad smile. So these are his siblings?

"Mother where is father?"  Shouto asked his mother. "Your father can't come today because he's still in a session, so we'll eat without him." Deep in Momo's heart she was glad not to meet King Todoroki after what Shouto told her.

"Anyway Shouto, what do you think of the princess?"  the queen asked her son.

"So far I like her... She's not like other princesses..." he said with a bare expression on his face. Momo felt her face go red, but saw Fuyumi and Natsuo start to whisper in shock.

After they were done, Shouto was about to lead them to her room when Natsuo and Fuyumi stopped them.  "Momo could you come here please we have something to discuss with... Shouto you can wait outside." Discuss something important? she thought while walking towards the two white-haired ones.  "So... Momo you need to know something. Shouto is not really good when it comes to showing his feelings, but we can already see that you are important to him... And it looks like he already fell in love with you!" Fuyumi said while looking at Natsuo and the two giggled. In love?! No way... I haven't done anything yet... have I? I don't want to say now that I didn't fall in love with him... Ahhh of course I fell in love with him... "I understand thank you for telling me that." she said while walking over to Shouto.

"What did they say to you?" he asked.  "Uhh... nothing!"

"If you think so... Anyway, this is your room... My room is directly opposite yours, so if you need something, just knock..."
"Yes I will!" Is he really in love with me?

"Momo maybe you want to go to the library with me?" "Yes sure!" she said with a smile when she thought of all the books.