Chapter 25

<Yaoyorozu POV>
After everyone calmed down a bit, Momo and Ashido went into the garden to talk. They sat on a bench and started talking.

"We shouldn't have worried, shouldn't we?" giggled Momo.

"Yes! You don't know how happy I am!"  Ashido giggled back. The two leaned back and enjoyed the atmosphere.  "Shouto told me that Kirishima annoyed him quite a bit. He asked him all the time for tips and when Shouto was tired he just helped him!"

"He waited long enough!" Ashido laughed with her now. The two girls laughed for a long time. Momo could not even have imagined that she could be as happy as she was now. With Shouto and her friends, she would never be sad again.

At least that's what she thought...

1 month later...

Everything has been normal lately.  Momo got up in the morning, changed clothes and then there was breakfast.  Then she went to town with Ashido and had fun there. After having fun with the citizens, she went back to the castle and started working. Shouto and Momo often had many guests with whom they made alliances or something like that.

After all this was done, the two relaxed and ate their dinner. And then in their bedrooms the two of them played their stress away. Every night was very nice and Momo was still as happy as when it all started, but for some time Momo has felt strange. She was a lot hornier than usual. And she also felt a little strange.

She had already made up many guesses, but one guess was probably the most interesting one for Momo. That's exactly why she wanted to ask a doctor.

...

"Hmm... I see..." the doctor nodded.  Momo was sitting on the bed in front of her. "Maybe you know what's going on with me?"

The doctor scratched the back of her head and then gave her a smile. "I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think you're pregnant."

Momo froze. "W- what...?"

...

Momo was shocked on her bed. I'm pregnant... what should I do now?  Should I tell Shouto about it right away?  What am I thinking there?! I'll tell him about it right away! Momo thought and stormed out of her room towards Shouto. He was in a meeting right now, but that didn't stop Momo from rushing into the room.

"Momo what are you doing-" before he could finish speaking, Momo pulled his ear and pulled him out of the room.

"Momo? If you have something to say then say it now... I don't have-"

"I'm pregnant."

"..."

"..."

"What?"

3 months later...

Meanwhile 3 months have passed and Momo's belly is getting bigger and bigger. Everyone understood the notification very well. Most shouto.  Momo loved seeing Shouto so happy. Of course she could understand him, she was also very happy to have a child.

Everyone in the castle tried to help her as much as possible. For example when she was walking or climbing stairs.  Ashido - or rather Kirishima probably annoyed Momo the most. She wanted to be a good aunt and that's why she has come up with a plan how to make the child like her.

Momo sighed and touched her stomach. A smile came to her lips and she closed her eyes.

We'll see each other soon...

3 months later...

"According to our investigations, it will probably be a girl!" the doctor said to the king and queen.

...

Momo and Shouto were sitting on their bed and the only light in the room came from the moon. Shouto lay his head on her stomach. "I can hear her..." he whispered with a smile. Momo giggled and massaged his head.

"We are waiting for you little princess..."

3 months later...

"Push!" shouted the doctor. Shouto watched his wife scream in pain. He took her hand and whispered things in her ear to calm her down.

"Don't worry Momo, it'll be over soon..." She nodded and pushed as hard as she could.

"There! I can see the head!"

...

She was sweaty. Momo opened one eye and looked at her husband as he was holding her daughter in his hands.

"Shouto? May I see the little princess?"

"..." he didn't answer. Momo then saw tears flow from his eyes and she started giggling. "Just because she's here now you don't have to start crying, Shouto..."

"Momo..."

"Yes?"

"She... she is dead..."