Chapter 15

<Todoroki POV>
In the meantime, everyone has left except me and my mother. I wanted to talk to her all by myself to ask her what was troubling her.

His mother was still standing in front of the grave, trying not to cry. Before he could speak to her, she spoke to him.

"Shouto... I know exactly what you're asking yourself now... Are you wondering why I'm so sad?" she asked me without taking her eyes off the grave. "Yes..." I replied shortly.  "Shouto... do you actually know what happened on the battlefield after you passed out?" "No... I just know that suddenly I was in the castle..." "You have to know... After you passed out, your father was pretty angry..." she said and I already thought what she wanted to say. "I can imagine... He was disappointed how weak I am?" I said.  "No... He was mad at the enemy for hurting you... He then took on with almost all the enemies... He was able to chase them away, but was so badly hurt that he died, but... Before he died he grabbed you again and took you to the castle... You didn't know his real self, Shouto... In recent years he has improved, even though he was sometimes severe, but it was for your own good..." she told Shouto. In the meantime her tears had already disappeared and she walked past Shouto, back to the castle.

Shouto stood there in shock and didn't know what to think. On the one hand, he was still angry with his father for what he had done to him and his family over the years. But that was a long time ago, the only thing he did to Shouto was the obligation to become king at some point. For now, he is grateful to him for saving him.

Shouto made his way back to the castle.

When he entered the castle he saw Momo, Kirishima and Ashido (he has finally remembered her name)

"Shouto! Where have you been?"  Momo asked me when I was standing next to them. "Um... I had to do something... anyway, why are you still here? There should be dinner right away." I said to distract from the subject.

"Well... As the wedding takes place the day after tomorrow, we have to hurry up with the invitations, so dinner will be postponed a little!" said Ashido, who was obviously pleased. "Ah..." I said and nodded. "Then let's go..."

We entered a room with many invitations. "So... who do we invite?"
"You are the one getting married, so you should decide who comes!" Kirishima said and gave a thumbs up.  "Shouto I know who we invite! We invite my friends and their fiancées!"  Momo told me with a big smile. "Yes, that's a good idea... But we should also invite all other kingdoms to build political relationships... Ahhh it will take a long time..."

After they were done...

"Ahhh..." everyone groaned after they were done. "It really took longer than I thought..." "Yes... we should take a well-deserved break now..." I said, getting up from the chair I was sitting on. "Me and Ashido will go then! See ya tomorrow!" Kirishima said quickly and pulled Ashido by the hand.

After the two had left the room, Momo and Shouto simply stood in the room.  "Shouto?" she said to break the silence.  "Yes?" "Are you looking forward to the wedding?" she asked Shouto. "Hmm... I don't think..." "What?" she asked in shock. He turned to her and came closer to her. "I'm not happy... I can't wait to become you my wife because I love you so much, Momo..." "Thanks Shouto...

...I love you too!"