Chapter 14

<Yaoyorozu POV>
I was so happy. Shouto is the best thing that could ever have happened to me.  After looking at the fireworks, I went back to my room, but someone was already waiting in front of my room.

"Ashido? What are you doing here?"  Momo asked her. "What a stupid question... We'll talk right now!" she said as she pulled Momo into her room.

"Ashido? What do you want to talk about?" "So... how was it?" she asked me. "How was what? What do you mean?" She looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "The marriage proposal!" "W- what? I don't know what you mean..." I whispered, avoiding eye contact.  "Hehe... you don't have to pretend Like you don't know! I and Kirishima lit the fireworks because Shouto asked Kirishima! So tell me, pleaseee!" she begged me. I sighed and told her everything.

After she was finished...

"Wooow... that was pretty romantic! Don't you think so too?" "Yes... it couldn't have been better... And? When do you get your marriage proposal?"  "I? Hmmm... I don't even know from whom..." she said, looking a little sad. I only grinned because I already knew who. "Are you sure about that? I think there's already someone..." I giggled.  "I don't know who you're talking about..."

The rest of the night they played games or Ashido annoyed her.

<Todoroki POV>
After Shouto got up and wanted to take a little walk, he noticed how many employees were already walking around in the castle.

'That's right, Natsuo and Fuyumi are coming today... It won't end well if they start talking about me and Momo...' he sighed and made his way to the place where he always met her.

"Momo, there you are..." I spoke to her from behind. "Ah Shouto... good morning! I'm already looking forward to seeing your siblings!" she said enthusiastically and watched him sit next to her. "They will probably annoy us, don't you think so?" "Hmmm... I don't think so, but Shouto?" she said.  "Yes?" "I've been wondering what's going on with your mother for some time... She's been pretty... different since your father died..." she said.  "Hmm... I've already tried to talk to her, but she always said that she was fine and that I didn't have to worry... I don't understand that she was sad for him anyway... he was never nice to her or us... so why?" I asked clenched my fists.  Momo just looked at me worriedly until we heard cheers from the front gate.  "You are probably there..." she told me and stood up. "Yes... let's go."

At the entrance gate ...

When I and Momo arrived at the entrance gate we saw my siblings together with their fiancées. We approached them and Natsuo started calling us. I sighed and greeted her.  "Long time no see Natsuo...Fuyumi ... and what are your names?"  I said without waiting for Natsuo and Fuyumi.

"My name is Keigo Takami and I am the future King of the Hawks Kingdom and Fuyumi's fiance! Nice to meet you Shouto!" he told me. 'Uhh... he's just like Natsuo...' then I turned to the woman next to Natsuo. "My name is Kaede Takada. I am the youngest of the Takada family. I am also happy to meet you." 'She has even fewer emotions than I... the exact opposite of Natsuo...'

After everyone greeted each other and calmed down again, I noticed that so far no one has spoken about the wedding of me and Momo. It is better that way.

2 days later...

Today is the day. Today is the funeral of father. I didn't want to go at first, but I didn't want my mother to be disappointed so I ended up going.

We are currently on our way to the cemetery and the situation is pretty uncomfortable... No one is talking and everyone is just looking at the floor. I had to do something. But I shouldn't have done.

"And Natsuo... how was your day today?" I asked him. He didn't answer me but just stared at me. He stared at me and pressed his eyebrows together.  'Shouldn't I have said that?' Shouto wondered and then heard a sob. He looked ahead and saw who it was. It was his mother who was crying. Before he could ask them they had already reached the grave. Shouto watched the burials burying his father. Nobody was really sad. They weren't happy, but they weren't sad either. The only person who was sad was his mother. Why?  She was the person who suffered the most from him. So why  Why was she so sad? I can't understand...

I can't understand...