・:*+.chapter 9

"what to wear..." i thought to myself. today aoi and i were going to visit the cafe to check out the new item on the menu or whatever.

i took out a gray hoodie, navy blue sweatpants, and socks with sandals.

"good enough." i muttered.

suddenly my phone started to ring.

"hello-" i answered.

"y/n! let's get ready together! come over to my house?" aoi said.

"umm..but we're just going out to eat right? there's no need to dress all ni-"

"doesn't matter! you never know who you might see outside of school, and you wouldn't want to be seen dressed like trash."

i sighed.

"fine. i'll see you."

~

i came in her bedroom, wearing the clothes i had already chosen.

she stared at me in disbelief, her hand over her mouth.

"thank god i called you over."

i facepalmed her. "shush."

~

"hurry up now!" she called out to me, gesturing me to come out of her house.

"jeez, what's the hurry?" i stepped outside.

i looked down to see what i was wearing again.

she gave me a flowy dress. they were spaghetti straps, and the dress reached to my knees. the color of it was (favorite color) and i wore buckled sandals along with it. she put my hair into a high ponytail, with a few loose strands in the front. she wanted to apply makeup, but the most i let her do was put on lipgloss and mascara.

"i can't believe i'm going out looking like this, just to go to the cafe." i muttered, putting on a jean jacket.

"now, now. you look so pretty." aoi wiped a single tear from her eye. "let's get going!" she grabbed my wrist and we speed-walked to the cafe.

~

we were in line, and i was too focused on the menu, trying to find the new item.

"strawberry shortcake, hm?"

suddenly the bell rang, which rings every time a customer walks in.

"tsukki! the line is this way."

my focus on the menu was disrupted by a familiar voice. no, not just a familiar voice. that voice called out a familiar name too.

i turned around slowly.

"tsukish-"

"y/n-"

we started at the same time.

"wh- what are you doing here?" he asked, putting his hands in his pockets, looking away.

i had almost forgot what i was wearing.

"oh, um. i'm with aoi, trying out the new item." i mumbled, looking down.

"same here." he replied, still avoiding eye contact.

"hey! why don't we all sit together, now that we're all here anyways?" aoi started, breaking the tension.

"oh, good idea!" yamaguchi replied. "why don't you guys find a table while aoi and i get the food?"

"go on now. find us a good spot." aoi joined in, pushing the two of us away.

tsukishima sighed, and we began walking around, looking for a table.