chapter 16 ・:*+.

"you want to get some food?" tsukishima turned to me.

"sure."

we walked around the food stalls, ending up at a taiyaki stall.

we got some, and sat at a bench to eat them.

"yummy!" i exclaimed, finishing mine.

"here." he handed me his taiyaki.

"really?"

"yeah. you seem like you're enjoying it."

"thank you!" i said, happily taking his.

he let out a small laugh.

i looked over to him, and couldn't help but blush at the sight of his laugh.

"hey..." i turned away from him. "i wish you smiled more." i took a bite of taiyaki.

his eyes widened, and his face grew crimson "shut up." he looked away.

"hm! let's go play a game!" i pointed to a bunch of game stalls, finishing my snack.

"sure."

we made our way to a game where you have five chances to throw a ball into the center cup, surrounded by many other cups, winning a big prize.

"hey, win me that ultimate prize!" i told tsukishima.

he picked up the ball, and soon after didn't make any of them, all of them being super close instead.

"here. i don't want to screw up the last shot." he turned to me giving the me the ball.

"hmph. i got this." i grabbed the ball and aimed for the center cup.

"go!" i threw the ball....

...and it almost hit the person in charge of the stand. he thankfully, dodged it.

"i'm so sorry!!!" i immediately bowed, embarrassed at my actions.

"jeez...if you want it that bad that you're out to kill me just take it..." he pulled the winner prize from the rack.

he handed me a giant teddy bear.

"thank you very much! please forgive me!" i looked back up to retrieve my prize.

i grabbed tsukishima's hand, rushing out of there, unable to hold in my embarrassment.

"whew..."

"that's one way to win the ultimate prize." he said.

"oh shut up. it was an accident." i looked away, my cheeks puffed.

he suddenly burst out into laughter. his laugh was contagious, making me laugh too.

he placed his hand on my head. "you klutz. fireworks start soon, so should we find a spot?" he asked.

"okay."

we tried looking around, but everywhere we went was crowded.

"hm..here. follow me." tsukishima said.

i followed him, and we ended up somewhere no one else was, under a tree on a hill.