chapter 14 ・:*+.

"hey...tsukishima?" i turned to him.

we were currently visiting the park, seeing each other yet again after yesterday.

"what should i do about akiko?" i turned away. "i don't know what she'll try to do if she finds out..."

he sighed. "maybe if i tell her i like you already, she'd leave us alone." he gave me a warm smile.

my eyes widened.

"just kidding. she'd probably do something worse to you."

"exactly." i let out a small giggle.

"if she tries to do anything to you i'll stop her." he placed his hand on my head, ruffling my hair.

the next day at school, i was in the bathroom washing my hands when akiko suddenly walked in.

i turned to her, stopping what i was doing.

"what are you looking at?" she rolled her eyes and came up to the sink next to mine.

she pulled a lipgloss out of her bag, applying it and saying to me: "y/n. i think i'm gonna confess to tsukishima today." i looked at her, shocked. "i mean, i see his signs. he even comes up to talk to me." she wore a smile.

"yeah..." i headed towards the door, annoyed of her already. " good luck with that." i waved to her. "see you."

although i knew what tsukishima's answer was most likely going to be, i went out anyways because i couldn't stand her.

the fact she was confessing still made me a little nervous.

~

it was after lunch, and we were back in class.

i saw something fly in front of me, and land on my desk. it was a crumbled small sheet of paper.

i looked over to akiko, who sat next to me, assuming she was the one who tossed the note.

she nodded eagerly, giving me a thumbs up and a wink.

i sighed, opening the note.

"give this to tsukishima!"

i turned the note around.

"meet me at the rooftop of this building after practice?♡ -akiko"

so that's where she'll confess.

i crumpled up the paper again, and tossed it behind me giving it to the blondie.

now practice was nearly over and akiko tapped my shoulder.

"i'm gonna go on ahead. wish me luck!" she winked. "just kidding. i won't need it." she said sticking out her tongue.

then she left.

"tch."

practice was over, and i saw tsukishima immediately head out.

"..."

akiko came back, sobbing.

i let out a sigh, most of it being out of relief.

"he said he wants to focus on class and his grades?" she wiped her tears. "but...he said he doesn't have feelings for anyone right now..." she said, looking away from me, her cheeks puffed.

i reached out my hand to comfort her, but she slapped it away. "this doesn't mean we're friends. you're just off the hook this time."

"fine then." i stood up. "sorry to hear about it." i walked out.

i sighed, hoping this meant it was the end of her tsukishima phase. knowing her, she'll move on fast and find someone else.

"hey."

tsukishima's voice?

before i could turn around fully he pulled me towards his chest embracing me in a hug with one arm.

"h-hey! not here." i grew flustered.

"why not?"

"akiko's still here." i whispered.

"fine." he sighed.

he let me go and we continued to walk on, exiting the school.

"you know, she didn't take your rejection too well." i looked at him. "and she mentioned you saying you don't have feelings for someone right now." i puffed my cheeks.

"obviously that isn't true." he placed his hand on my head. "i said that so she wouldn't target you."

i let out a sigh of relief. "thank you."

he pulled me into himself once again, wrapping his arms around me. i wrapped my arms around him also, wearing a smile on my face.

he looked down. "what are you smiling about?"

"nothing." i giggled.

~

it's now been a week since akiko was rejected. thankfully, she didn't bother tsukishima nor i anymore. she even quit being a manager for the team.

she made friends, and seemed to completely forget about me.

...thank god. i didn't want anything to do with her.

"y/n!" aoi called to me as she exited her house. "you're going to the upcoming festival, right?" she said excitedly.

oh. so much was going on that i forgot about the festival.

"of course." i smiled. "this weekend, right?"

"yup." a grin suddenly grew on her face. "will you be going with tsukishima?"

"i don't know." my cheeks grew a little pink at the thought of going to the festival with him. "i don't even know if he'll be going..." i shook my head.

"hey! what about you!?" i pointed at her. "i would gladly go to the festival with you! i don't need to go with that giant..." i crossed my arms.

she let out a laugh. "i'm okay. you really should go with him though." she winked.

i sighed and grabbed her arm. "whatever. let's just go before we're late to school."

after practice, everyone was wrapping up and leaving the gym.

"don't forget to ask!" aoi winked at me with a thumbs up before leaving.

i let out a sigh, standing up and walking over to tsukishima.

"tsukishi-"

"y/n-"

we tried speaking at the same time. "sorry. you go first." i told him.

"do you plan on going to the festival this weekend?" he asked, his hand on the back of his neck.

"yes, probably."

"would you like to visit together?" he looked away. "if you plan on going with aoi or something it's okay then."

i shook my head, giving him a smile. "i was gonna ask you the same thing."

he let out a sigh of relief, making me giggle a little.

"i'll see you then. can't wait." i waved to him, heading out.

-to be continued