chapter 2 ・:*+.

not only did i end up having a separate class from aoi, but to add on to this already insufferable day, i had this guy in my class as well...

i entered and sat in front of him because it looked like the only seat left available. of course.

he softly kicked my chair once. i didn't turn around, refusing to acknowledge it.

"oops." he smirked while taking off his headphones.

i didn't say anything. i was so done with him already. why was he talking to me anyways? my thoughts were rudely interrupted by his annoying voice once again.

"do you still want me to apologize from this morning?" he asked kicking my chair again.

aoi... i love you, but look at the situation you got me in.

i finally turned around, taking one earbud out of my ear, and with an obviously fake smile said: "sorry. were you talking to me?" i used this opportunity to take a good look at his face. his hair, i already knew was blonde and short. his eyes were golden-brown and he wore black, rectangular frames.

i won't forget this face... i thought to myself.

"i asked if you still wanted an apology." he replied nonchalantly.

"an apology?...have we met before?..."

the blonde blinked twice and furrowed his brows in the slightest. "you can stop pret-"

"i don't think i've seen you around before. don't worry, we can just pretend this never happened." i turned back to the front, letting out a quiet sigh.

"tch."

~~~

class was now over, and i texted aoi to see where she wanted to meet for lunch.

me: can we meet somewhere for lunch?

aoi<3: sorry y/n! i have a meeting to attend for a club i'm joining. you can come if you want! just meet me outside my classroom.

me: sure, i'll tag along

i put my phone away and made my way to her class.

we met up and i followed her.

"so what's this club you're joining?" i asked.

"ah... i wanna be a manager for the boys volleyball team!" she replied.

"really? why'd you pick that?" 

"honestly, there's no sport i wanna do, or any arts or whatever so i'm going for something that's easy. as a manager i'll just be helping the team with easy tasks and such i guess." 

"oh. i see." i began to think about clubs i'd be joining.

"say! if you haven't picked a club you could be a manager with me too! i won't be lonely if you go." she pleaded.

realizing that i had nothing better to do, i nodded. "i'll see. maybe."

"yay!" she squealed.

we arrived at the gym. taking a peek inside to see if anyone was there already, we did end up spotting a few.

we both took a good look around, until i felt aoi nudge my arm.

"there! i think that's the other manager." she pointed to the only girl located in the gym. "let's go!"

aoi took a step inside and i was about to follow behind her when i was stopped by a familiar voice that started speaking behind me.

"you aga-" he stopped suddenly.

great. aoi wasn't here anymore to protect me from this giant.

"oh, hello." i turned around and replied with a fake smile.

he rolled his eyes and huffed. 

"is there a problem?" i frowned.

"are you gonna move? i'm trying to go inside."

"hah." i rolled my eyes as well. "you could ask nicely."

there was a moment of silence before he pushed up his glasses and squeezed his way between me and the open space beside me.

ugh... this guy was an even bigger jerk than i thought.

-to be continued