chapter 20 ・:*+.

it was midnight when i arrived home. i was a flushed mess from the time i spent with kei after we ditched the party.

"i'm home-" i mumbled, opening the door quietly. i looked over to mom, who was sitting by the table. her face was full of anger. probably from not being home for almost two days. i could tell she was going to take her anger out on me.

but i didn't want to deal with it tonight.

before she could touch me, i slammed the front door, making a run for it.

after running for some time, i had tripped, making me fall and scrape my chin on the concrete.

i knew mom wouldn't bother to chase after me, so i sighed and walked over to a bench.

i pulled out my phone, tapping on kei's contact to make a call.

"hello?" i started after he picked up.

"y/n?" he replied. "what have you been doing? you sound out of breat-"

"nevermind that." i cut him off. "can i.." my face began to burn up. "stay over?..."

i didn't hear a reply after a while, making me panic a little. "it's fine if not. i'll just go-"

"no...you can stay over." he finally replied. "are you coming over now?"

"yeah..if that's okay."

"yeah. is it..your mom?"

"yeah...but don't worry about it." i sighed. "i'll see you soon." i hung up soon after, walking over to his house.

~

"hey." i said, standing in front of him when he opened his door.

i saw him look away, guilt in his eyes.

"you're always like this when it comes to stuff about home." i sigh. "you softie." i wrap my arms around him, giggling into his chest.

"is anyone home?" i back away from the hug, entering his house.

"no. not tonight." he said behind me, closing the door. "you can get washed up."

"thanks."

i head into the washroom, and take a quick shower. he left clothes for me again, so i put it on, oversized as usual.

"do you have bandaids i could borrow?" i step out.

"what happened?"

"i tripped on my way here, scraping my chin."

"yeah. i'll get them."

"thanks."

he came to the couch where i sat, a box of bandaids in his hand. he placed a bandaid on my chin.

i let out a yawn. "let's go to bed."

"yeah."

i followed him to his room, hopped in bed, and immediately tucked myself in the covers.

"goodnight." he said once, before turning to the exit of his room.

"where are you going?" i whined.

"i'm sleeping on the couch."

"but." my face was heating up. "i want you to stay here with me....plus--" i smirked to myself. "aren't we a couple now? so it's okay..."

he sighed before tucking himself in also, then wrapping his arms around me.

thank god the lights were off, so he couldn't see my flushed face. i reached up to grab his cheek,
letting out a small laugh.

"what so funn-"

"you're burning up."

"shut u-"

"me too." i lazily grabbed his hand, bringing it to my cheek.

he let out a quiet sigh of relief, and i turned myself over to the other side, away from him, letting the cool pillow bring my temperature down.

after a while, i heard his quiet snores which led me to turn back to him.

i chuckled to myself, even though i couldn't see him in the dark.

but he did it again. he fooled me again, making me think he was asleep.

he suddenly attached his lips onto mine. i fluttered my eyes shut, kissing him back.

he sighed before pulling my back to his chest. "goodnight." he placed his chin on my head.

"goodnight." i smiled.

-to be continued

a/n: super short chap im sorry