chapter 12 ・:*+.

TW: s/h

a week has passed since akiko joined our class.

me, doing as she says, has been avoiding tsukishima this whole time.

i begin to tear up at the thought. "just when we've started to finally get closer..."

my thoughts were interrupted by the teacher calling me out. "y/n, are you listening?" he asked.

"yes."

"okay, then read out loud the question we're on please."

"..."

"sorry, i wasn't paying attention." i admitted.

"please focus." he sighed.

i saw from the corner of my eye akiko giggling, but i brushed it off.

~

today, aoi had to go to her club, once again.

but now that tsukishima and i have grown quite distant, i went to the library instead of sitting with him.

i sat down, put on my headphones, and laid my head down on the table.

tears streamed down my face before i knew it.

i already miss him. i miss talking to him. i miss being with him. i miss being in his arms.

i regret rejecting him. things wouldn't be like this if i hadn't rejected him, after all.

but at the same time i don't regret it. i wasn't lying when i said we weren't ready.

i sighed, and tucked my face in my arms, hiding it so i could cry a little more.

(after work)

as i'm on my way home, i suddenly remembered about the money i had been saving for myself.

i've been giving mom half of the money i was getting from work, and saving the other half for myself. i didn't see anything wrong with it.

"maybe i'll buy something for myself." i thought. "i could use some new clothes."

i entered the house, to see mom back to her regular state.

"i'm home." i muttered.

"y/n." she said, sounding a little angered. "you've been hiding money from me?"

she found out. i couldn't come up with an excuse. all i could do was look down.

"you fucking bitch!" she slapped my face and i fell to the floor.

"ungrateful. you ungrateful bitch." she stomped on my wrist, pushing down on it. "i let you stay here, in this house, by my choice. i could kick you out any day. i only let you stay here so you can do things for me. i never loved you." she picked me up by my collar. "admit it! you were keeping money from me." she screamed, spitting on my face.

"i did." i said in defeat.

before she put me down she punched me in the stomach, making me black out.

~

i woke up in the middle of the night. i looked over at myself, i was aching everywhere. i had several bruises on my face, legs, and arms. i could barely move.

i broke out into tears. this was too much. i'm losing tsukishima and my mom isn't making my life any better.

i ran up to the bathroom, grabbing a shard from a broken glass i got from mom's alcohol bottle.

i sat on the floor, letting the shard run through my skin.

i continued to cry, ending up falling asleep on the bathroom floor that night.

~

i woke up early the next morning, because of the uncomfortableness i felt from sleeping on the floor.

i threw on my long socks, wore a jacket, and applied a few bandaids on my face. then i went out for school.

"y/n!" aoi turned to me as she exited her house. when she saw me, she immediately knew what had happened, pulling me into a hug instead of asking. i preferred it that way though. "let's go, okay?" she said grabbing my wrist. i flinched at her touch.

"you..." she turned to me, noticing i did. she pulled up my sleeve looking at my fresh scars. i retracted my arm, pulling down my sleeve again, looking away.

she sighed and pulled me into a hug once more. "sorry. i'm so sorry."

~

during practice, i kept my eyes on tsukishima the whole time. he never looked my way.

my eyes began to fill with tears, knowing what we had lasted for a very short time.

i noticed he even walked over, and talk to akiko first. she didn't even have to approach him.

practice was almost over, so i left a little earlier again.

the sun was setting as i walked by the bridge where tsukishima and i shared a kiss.

i walked to our spot, and looked over the railing. it was a high drop.

i placed my foot on the railing, climbing to the point to where i was standing on it.

i closed my eyes, letting the warmth of the sun hit my face.

spreading my arms open, i felt myself leaning forwards slowly.

someone came from behind, grabbing my legs, making us fall onto the floor of the bridge.

i opened my eyes.

tsukishima was on top of me, breathing heavily.

i turned my face the other way. i couldn't move because i was pinned to the floor by him. my wrist was exposed too.

i could see from the corner of my eye, his eyes scanning all over me, looking at my bruises.

i placed my hand on his cheek, so i could view his eyes.

i don't care anymore. i don't care about my reputation at school and what akiko will try to do to me.

i just wanted to be with tsukishima again.

i pulled his face closer to mine, letting our lips meet into a kiss with much fervor. soon after our hands also came together, and i felt a few of his teardrops fall on to my face.

we stayed like that, together on the floor for a while.

he pulled his head away from mine, and lifted  me off the ground, pulling me in a hug.

after, he moved me onto his back to where i was piggyback-riding. i didn't know where he was taking me, and i didn't care as long as i was with him.

we ended up at his house, where he gently placed me on his sofa. no one seemed to be home. he took a seat next to me, and began to treat my wounds. i let him, looking away.

he was doing it for a long time, and i ended up falling asleep in the process.

-to be continued