Expectations. Expectations. Expectations.

She wasn't funny.

She was the first to admit that. She just had a lot of sarcasm that made people laugh at her.

People came to her with all sorts of stories, most of them not funny at all and not interesting at all. But her reactions were so good they got mistaken for being real.

She faked them all.

For the sake of being nice, so that she wasn't the person would hurt their feelings.

When people told her a joke that wasn't funny at all, they expected her to laugh anyways. And she did.

When people told her a sad story that was supposed to be sad, they expected her to be sad to. And she was.

When people told her a supposedly interesting story, they expected her to hang onto their every word. And she did.

So why, please, why was it so hard for people to spare her feelings.

She also knew that most of the time those people didn't even pay attention, so laughing at her jokes was out of the questions.

But this wasn't about being funny.

It was about the fact that she tried so hard not to disappoint others but nobody cared one bit about her.

Why did she stand up for everybody else but not a single person batted an eyelash when she need a person to be there for her?

People always expected shit from her and she didn't disappoint, she never did. She didn't do it because people expected her to but because that was who she was.

They expect her to listen to them rant and then support them and give them advice after, what about the person listening to them? People were too busy with their own lives that the person that tried to be there for them went unnoticed.

She went unnoticed, she knew no limits.

Sometimes she thought to herself, were they really that blind or did they just pretend? To make herself feel better she told herself 'you were like a superhero to them and superheroes didn't have weaknesses so they pretended their superhero didn't either'.

__________________

Let me know what you guys think! Your feedback means the literal world to me.

Please vote, share and comment. Thank you!