...so she keeps on telling herself...

Nobody cares. Nobody cares. Nobody cares. Nobody cares! Nobody cares!! NOBODY CARES. NOBODY CARES! NOBODY CARES!!!

She kept telling herself.

When she talked, nobody seemed to listen.

When she was in pain, nobody saw.

It seemed no matter what she did people always pushed her down.

People didn't see her as a person worth respecting, as a person worth acknowledging, as a person worth considering.

People around her always complained about something. Their pain. Their problems. What they were facing. What other people said about them and everything else in between.

All of their problems seemed to matter even if it isn't that big to other people.

Whenever she said something, they ignored her or said something along the lines of 'be brave, I've been through far worse' or 'this is nothing to be concerned about'.

Alas, nobody cares...

All her life she was taught to be a well mannered person. But maybe that doesn't apply to anybody else.

She was taught to never interfere, to never jump into a conversation when two people were talking. Maybe that doesn't apply to anybody else.

Whenever she talked, someone interrupted her and started a whole new conversation and was forgotten.

People didn't think that 'oh, maybe she was talking and I am interrupting'. They just took the liberty to stomp all over her.

Yet again, nobody cares...

Everybody expected her to be a good girl and listen to everybody's problems and what they were going through and keep the ones that are her own locked up in her mind. So that they would be free to roam her mind every night before she slept.

NOBODY CARES!!!

This had become a daily life mantra.

But was it fair?

'Oh dear, I kept telling you. I kept trying to tell you. This world is a cruel place, it has always been every girl for her self and it always will be. Don't get too close to anyone, crying is a sign of weakness, don't show your weakness to anyone or else they will take advantage of you, ignore people that try to stop you and never settle for anyone.     
Why?
Oh darling, because NOBODY CARES!!!'

This has turned into the pick me up pep talk of her life.

____________________

Man, I enjoyed writing this one.

Can we just address the elephant in the room? The fact that this book hit a hundred plus views is phenomenal, thank you guys so much. I know it's not much but it's a big deal to me, I started this book not really expecting anything because all I wanted was an outlet, and this is just... Wow, thank you!

Please vote, share and comment. Thank you!