Chapter 1 - Their Broken Lives

Zoya came inside the noisy pub with her one hand tightly clutching her dupatta and her other hand at her heart trying to calm down her erratic heartbeats thumping with fear. She looked around for her sister Mahi but couldn't spot her. She had never been to any such pub or any such partying place and hence she did not know where to search for her and how to ask for help. She thought to go ahead and see if she can find her. "I cannot go home leaving Mahi alone here" She thought and hence started walking ahead in a hope that she may find her sister.

"Adi Lets go home now. Its getting late and you are drunk." Yash said trying to grab the alcohol glass from his hand.
"Let me drink Yash. Don't irritate me. You can go home if you want." Aditya said getting agitated.
"Fine. I am going. Don't call me at 3 in the morning to come and pick you up from here as you do every other day. I am not going to come. Bye" Saying so Yash left.
After Yash left, Aditya looked at the time and realised it was soon going to be 12. He picked up his car keys and was about to turn when he crashed into Zoya.
"I..I am sorry. I didn't see you." Zoya said handling herself and looking at him apologetically.
"Why don't you get your eyes checked Miss? They are definitely not working." Aditya said rudely and turned to go.
Zoya looked at him annoyingly and ignored him. Just when she was about to move, Aditya got imbalanced due to all the alcohol in his system and again collided into her.
"Can't you see and walk? Are you really blind? If so go to a doctor, what are you doing in a pub?" Shouted Aditya loudly.
Zoya's eyes stung due to tears. First of all she was not able to find her sister and it was getting late, secondly she could sense weird men staring at her in a bad way and she was getting scared and now this stranger was shouting at her for no reason.
"Are you a doll made of porcelain? Why are you crying?" Asked Aditya in a loud tone getting annoyed looking at her tears.
"Please.. Please Don't shout. It was your mistake and you are shouting at me." Replied Zoya meekly and wiped a lone tear that fell from her eyes.
"Sit here and cry then." He shouted at her yet again and went.
"I think I was sent into this world to bear all the anger and shouting of the people. Abbu, Ammi and Mahi were not enough that now strangers are also shouting at me for no reason." Saying this to herself she finally decided to search for Mahi once more and walk out of the pub.

Aditya was sitting on a rock with a piece of pastry in his hand and a candle. He took out a matchstick and lighted the candle. He looked at the candle for a second, closed his eyes and wished for something and then blew it off. He murmured "Happy Birthday Aditya Hooda. You are all alone to celebrate your birthday. A very happy curse day to you." He said sarcastically and wiped a tear that fell from his left eye. He then looked at the sky and whispered " I miss You Maa, Pa, Chhotte. Please come back to me." He looked back at the candle and again wiped the tear that fell from his eye. He ate his pastry piece with a smiling face and stood up to go from there.
When he was about to open his cardoor, he heard some faint noises of a girl asking someone to leave her. He looked in the direction of the noise and saw the same girl whom he met in the pub.

"Please Let me go. I don't want to come with you." Said Zoya looking fearfully at two guys who were drunk.
"Lady let us give you a drive to your home. We promise it will be fun." Said one of those two guys looking at Zoya lustfully.
"Bhaisahab please.. please let me go. I beg you please." Zoya now started crying as she started understanding their motives. She realised she is all alone and only a miracle is going to save her.
One man came forward and tried to hold her hand to take her forcefully with him. He wrapped his fingers around her delicate wrist harshly when Aditya interrupted in between. He carefully took Zoya's hand and unwrapped the man's fingers from around her wrist and jerked his hand back with a force.
"She is with me and if you guys don't leave this place in next 10 seconds then I am going to call the police." Aditya siad glaring at them.
Listening to the name of police and looking at his red eyes, they ran away.
"Are you really blind? Can't you see it's 12 in the night and it's not safe for women to stand out here in the midst of the road all alone?" He again shouted turning towards her.
"I..I was searching for my sister. I don't know where she is. I am sorry." Zoya looked down.
"Your sister is same as you? " Asked Aditya.
"What?" Zoya asked confused by his question.
"Answer me, Is your sister introvert like you?" Aditya repeated his question.
"No She is an extrovert. In fact she was the one who took me with her forcefully but then she is no where to be seen." Zoya replied meekly looking at him.
"So go back home. She is either at home already or will come back soon." He replied.
"What?..Are you sure?" Zoya asked looking confused.
"Yes now go home" saying so Aditya turned to go.
"Thank..Thank You for saving me" Zoya said smiling a little at him.
Aditya nodded his head and went from there. He had walked 10 steps or so when he turned back to look at her and saw that she was still standing there fidgeting with her dupatta. He came back to her.
"What happened now? Why are you not going?" He asked irritatedly.
"I don't have money to go back home." Zoya said while tears came out of her eyes.
"I am booking a cab from you. Give me your address." Aditya said frustrated and took out his phone.
"But..I can't..I can't take your money." Said Zoya looking here and there trying to find some other way to reach home.
"If you don't take my money and go home now then you might encounter those guys again." He said looking at Zoya and smirking.
"No..I mean Okay." Zoya nodded her head in yes hurriedly. Aditya chucked lowly looking at her reaction.
"But how am I going to return this to you?" Zoya asked him.
"What?" Asked Aditya looking at his phone.
"Your money...How will I return it back to you?" Asked Zoya.
"Don't worry. This world is quite small. We will meet sooner or later. Your cab is booked and is coming in five minutes. Take that and go back." He said and turned to go.
"Thank you. You did so much for me despite being a stranger." Zoya smiled gratefully at him. Aditya nodded and went from there.

In Siddiqui house:
"Wow Zoya! You are coming back now. Get ready for the drama" Mahi winked at Zoya and got inside.
"Ammi Abbu she left me there alone and went to enjoy herself. I was so scared." Mahi faked crying and looked at Zoya.
"Mahi..Why are you lieing?" Zoya looked at her sister who was having fun with her helplessness.
Madhu slapped Zoya on seeing her daughter crying.
"I swear Ma...I didn't leave her alone. She just disappeared." Zoya cried holding her left cheek which was now red due to the slap.
"How many time I have told you don't call me Ammi or Ma. I am not your mother" Madhu crossed her arms across her chest and looked in opposite direction.
"Okay..Madhu aunty..but I am saying the truth. I ...I didn't.." She was not able to complete her sentence due to all the hiccups because of crying.
"Zoya don't argue with your mother. This is all you do. Going outside and having fun with random boys is your new timepass I think." Waseem spat roaring at her.
"Abbu..." Zoya looked at him disappointed. She atleast didn't expect him to think so low of her.
"Go to your room now and you are not getting any dinner today. Sleep hungry. This is your punishment." Waseem said.
Zoya looked at mahi once again before leaving. Mahi stood there smiling.

Zoya closed the doors of her room, opened her drawer and took out the photo of her Ammi and Noor.
"Why did you leave me and go Ammi? Here nobody loves me, nobody respects me, nobody likes me, nobody trusts me, Not even Abbu. I am all alone ...All alone. I miss you" She cried all night holding her mother's and sister's photo close to her heart.
The two broken souls slept that night thinking about their loved ones and broken lives.

How was it? Do let me know in comments' section.
P.S.- no proofreading done so ignore the mistakes😅

Love to all ❤