Chapter 7

It was 8 at night when Aditya entered his home after a hectic day at college. He wanted to talk to Zoya today itself but he did not get the time. When the class was over, he tried to search for her but she was nowhere to be seen. He came back home with the guilt in his heart. He made a mental note to talk to Zoya and ask for her forgiveness as soon as he meets her the next day. The following day Aditya went to the college late due to an important meeting which was to take place in the morning at his office. He spotted Pooja and Yash sitting there and went to them.
"Hi! Bunked classes?" Aditya questioned while sitting beside them.
"Haan. That professor and his classes are useless. He just wastes time." Yash said rolling his eyes. Aditya looked at Pooja. She was pretending to be angry with him.
"Still angry with me?" Aditya asked nudging her.
"I don't want to talk to you Adi." Pooja said while facing the other side.
"Pooja Sorry. Really Really Sorry. You know na I can't make friends so quickly. I find it difficult to trust anyone apart from you both." Aditya said while standing and sitting beside her.
"Adi but Zoya is same like us. She is very trustworthy." Pooja said now looking at him.
"I know. I heard your conversation with her yesterday." Aditya said while scratching the back of his neck.
"So bad Adi! You were eavesdropping on us?" Pooja said while making an 'O' shaped mouth.
"No, shut up drama queen! Me and Yash both were just passing by." Aditya said smiling.
"Okay so that means Zoya can be with us everytime? You won't make her feel awkward?" Pooja asked excitedly.
"Yeah! I even want to say sorry to her for my behaviour." Aditya said looking guilty.
"I don't think there is any need of that. She will not mind. I will tell her this tomorrow." Pooja said clapping her hands like a kid.
"Wow see her excitement. Looks like Zoya has become very close to her." Yash said to Aditya.
"Yes. You both will also become close to her once you talk with her. She is really nice." Pooja said smiling.
"Btw Why tomorrow? Why not today?" Aditya asked them in confusion.
"She didn't come to college today. I was calling her but she is not picking my phone. She might be busy in something I think." Pooja said.
Aditya hummed in response and they continued with their classes.

Three days passed but there was no trace of Zoya in the college. She was not picking Pooja's calls too so to know about her she went to Mahi.
"Hey Mahi! Where is Zoya? Why is she not coming to college. There is an important project submission today." Pooja said.
"She does a job. She is busy in that. I don't know anything else about her." Mahi said while making an irritated face and went from there.
"Bitch" Pooja muttered under her breath and went towards her classes.
She went and sat beside Aditya and Yash while still trying to call Zoya.
"Why are you looking so tensed?" Aditya asked Pooja.
"Zoya is not picking up my calls. Today is such an important project submission. She was so dedicated for it. But she didn't come to college even today." Pooja said looking towards him.
"Ask her sister." Yash recommended.
"I asked. She was least interested in answering to me. She just told me that Zoya is busy in her job so didn't come." Pooja said.
"She does a job too?" Yash asked being shocked.
"Looks like. Even I was shocked. She did not tell me anything about it." Pooja said.
"But she works in night shift. How can her job affect her college?" Aditya asked to no one in particular.
"What? You knew about it. How? When? Where?" Pooja asked gaping at him.
"She works in a pub at night. I met her for the first time there only." Aditya said.
"But why? Isn't her family well off?" Pooja asked him.
"I don't know. Looking at Mahi we can assume they are quite rich. I don't know why Zoya works in that pub. Moreover why a rich father would allow her daughter to work at a pub at night. They don't even come to pick her up after her shift gets over at midnight. Looks like they do not care for her." Aditya said.
"How do you know all this?" Yash asked?
Aditya narrated them the entire incidents of two days that how they met and what all happened. Pooja and Yash were listening to him silently.
"Her family is beyond my understanding." Aditya stated.
"How to contact her now?" Pooja asked looking worried.
"Her pub is near to my house. I will go there today. Don't worry." Aditya said.
"Okay but don't make her feel awkward and don't talk rudely with her." Pooja said narrowing her eyes at him in a warning.
"Pooja I said na I am sorry." Aditya said pouting.
"Fine! Now don't make that sad pout. Girls around might faint looking at your lips." Pooja winked at him.
The trio laughed at her harmless flirtatious joke.

At night, Aditya went to the pub in search of Zoya. He tried to spot her but she was nowhere to be seen. Aditya went to the manager to ask about her whereabouts.
"Excuse Me! I want to meet Ms. Zoya Siddiqui. She works as a waitress here." Aditya asked the manager tapping her finger on the table.
"Sorry Sir but we don't do that type of work here." The manager politely denied him thinking he was asking about Zoya because he wanted to have a night with her or something.
"Listen! She is my friend. She knows me. I am not here for any that type of work." Aditya said quite angrily while focusing on the word 'that'.
"Oh I am sorry Sir. But she didn't come to work today." The manager said.
"Did she come yesterday?" Aditya asked.
Sir...I..I don't have any idea about it. Let me confirm." Saying this the manager went somewhere and then came out.
"No...No sir. She didn't come since last 3 days." Manager said looking at him.
"Okay Thank you!" Aditya said and went.

At 2 in night, Zoya came out of the pub after her shift got over. She was looking here and there when someone tapped on her shoulder. She got scared thinking who it was at this time. She turned around slowly and breathed a sigh when she saw Aditya smirking at her.
"Lied to me?" Aditya asked looking at her and smirking.
"You..You are still here?" Zoya asked looking at him like a thief who got caught by police.
"I knew the manager was lying. He was confused while answering me and was stammering too. When I was going out I saw you. So I thought to wait here." Aditya said casually.
"Sorry!" Zoya said embarrassingly.
"Tell me why did you ask the manager to lie to me?" Aditya asked.
"I..I thought you are asking for me because you want your money back." Zoya said meekly.
"Which money?" Aditya asked in confusion.
"The money you paid for my cab when we met for the first time. I didn't return it to you yet. I thought you are here for that and I don't have money to return it to you." Zoya lied to him.
"I am not asking you for any money. I don't want that money. I helped you as a friend. Let it be that way." Aditya chuckling at her innocence.
"Okay" Zoya smiled.
"Your smile is beautiful. You should smile more often." Aditya said looking at her smile. Zoya looked at him hearing his compliment not knowing what to reply. Aditya suddenly realised what he said just and tried to divert the topic.
"Let me drop you." Aditya said taking out his keys from his pocket.
"But..." Zoya was cut off by him.
"I don't want to listen a NO Zoya." Aditya said immediately and both got into the car.
"Why are you wearing full sleeves clothes in summer? Isn't it hot?" Aditya asked casually.
"I thought it might get cold by the time I go back home." Zoya replied seeing outside. Aditya mouthed a small "Oh" at her and continued driving the car. The rest of the drive was silent. Both did not know what to talk so they thought to keep quite. Zoya reached near her house and Aditya stopped the car little away from her home.
"I think you will want to go alone from here since you don't want your lovely family to see you with a guy." Aditya said dramatically.
"Yeah! Thank You Aditya." Zoya said smiling at him gratefully and got out of the car. Aditya nodded at her and went.
Zoya kept looking at his car till it was out of her sight.
"I am sorry Aditya. I lied to you. I did not come to college & asked manager to lie to you because I don't want anyone to see these bruises. I don't want to answer anyone." Zoya mumbled to herself while folding her sleeves up a little and looking at her bruises and wounds. She wiped the tears that fell from her eyes due to the pain of those wounds as well as her inner pain and went to her home.

Hey guys! Thank you for all the votes and comments. Sorry If I wasn't able to reply to anyone.
I hope you like this chapter. Give your love to it by Voting and commenting. Ignore the mistakes since proofreading is not done😅

Love to all ❤️