Chapter 8

The next day Pooja spotted Zoya coming into the college. She went to her happily.
"Hey Zoya Where were you?" Pooja hugged her excitedly.
"I was busy in some work." Zoya smiled and hugged her back. Pooja hugged her so tightly that she winced in pain but immediately closed her mouth with her one hand so that Pooja could not hear it.
"You missed your project submission too. The professor is strict. It will be difficult to submit it now." Pooja said in worry.
"I will say sorry to him. Do I have any other option?" Zoya asked hoping to find a way so that her project can be submitted.
"Don't worry. We both will go and request to him. If he doesn't agree then we will use some heavy excuses. He will have to agree then." Pooja winked at her.
"Why were you not picking up my calls?" Pooja asked her.
"My phone...My phone was not with me. It had some problem so I gave it to the service centre." Zoya made an excuse not wishing to tell her that she was intentionally not picking up her calls as she did not know then what reason she would have made for her absence from college.
"Oh! And here I was getting worried. Let's go to the playground. You can complete your pending notes there. Yash and Aditya are also there." Pooja said while dragging her along.
"Pooja Listen I will sit here only. Aditya is there. He will not like my presence." Zoya said looking at her in a pleading voice.
"What? No. There is nothing like that Zoya. Come." Pooja didn't listen to her protests and dragged her to the place where Aditya and Yash were sitting.
Yash smiled at them while Aditya was looking at her. Her head was down and she was clearly not wanting to sit there. She looked up and saw Aditya and Yash. Aditya also smiled at her. Seeing him smiling, she composed herself and sat there silently doing her work. They got indulged in a conversation which basically consisted of Yash and Pooja talking while Aditya listening and Zoya completing her work.
"Zoya Why are you wearing full sleeve top with a round neck sweater in such a scorching weather?" Pooja asked her suddenly. It was then when Aditya noticed that he had also asked her the same question yesterday to which she replied that it might become cold at night but now the reason was not applicable. He looked at her eagerly to know her answer.
"I just wanted to." Zoya got nervous hearing the question and could not come up with a better excuse than this.
"You just wanted to wear winter clothing in summer? Really?" Yash asked surprised.
"Yeah..Yes Yes.." Zoya replied immediately.
"Great! Such a weird clothing desire." Yash joked and everybody smiled except Aditya.
"Let's go. We have to go for classes too." Pooja stood up and held Zoya's wrist to take her along. Pooja held her hand exactly at the spot where the wound was and it was so sudden that Zoya could not control herself and she hissed in pain. Everybody looked at her in concern.
"Zoya? What happened?" Saying this Pooja held her hand and pulled her sleeves up a little. There rested a bluish-purple wound.
"How did this happen?" Yash asked.
Before anyone could say anything else, Aditya spotted another reddish-bluish mark a little in the upper side which was not fully visible due to the sleeve and hence went unnoticed by pooja and yash. He went forward, took her hand from Pooja's hand and folded her sleeves more so that her more than half arm was open now and four-five wounds were visible. Three of them looked at her in shock.
"How did this even happen Zoya?" Pooja asked worriedly.
"I fell from the stairs. Yes. I fell from the stairs" Zoya repeated her excuse two times to make sure it appeared true.
"So this is why you did not come to college?" Yash asked.
Zoya nodded her head in yes.
"Why didn't you tell us?" Pooja asked.
"I didn't want to worry you all. That's why I hid it." Zoya said looking down.
Pooja and Yash got convinced with her lie and asked no more question. They were about to go towards their classes when Aditya stopped them.
"Why there is no wound on your forehead or your face if you fell from stairs?" Aditya asked Zoya.
Zoya looked up at him nervously and then again looked down.
"I don't know. It's not that a big issue. We should go to our classes." Zoya said.
"Answer me and you can go." Aditya argued and stood infront of her stubbornly.
"Why do you want to know that? Remember you were the one who told me not to come in front of you. I did not want to come in front of you if you loathe my presence so much. It was Pooja who dragged me along otherwise I wouldn't have come here." Zoya replied in irritation. She was getting nervous and irritated since she sensed that Aditya is not letting the matter go so easily and she didn't want to open up about her sufferings. She didn't want her friends to think bad about her family and her father. Saying this she went from there.
"Where did these things even come from?" Aditya asked to no one in particular.
"You did not say sorry to her till now? You met her yesterday na?" Pooja asked him angrily.
"Yes! I met her yesterday at pub and even dropped her at her home but I forgot to say sorry." Aditya said scratching the back of his neck.
"And when did you tell her that you don't want her in front of you again?" Pooja asked.
"At the pub when we met for the second time I think." Aditya said looking down.
"Wow Aditya Hooda. I never knew you were such a big jerk." Saying so Pooja stomped her foot and went from there angrily.
The classes went on as usual. Zoya didn't sit with Pooja, Yash or Aditya. After the classes got over, she hurriedly went to some secretive corner of the college and sat there. She tried to avoid them as much as she can for the time being so that they can forget about her injuries. While she was sitting there alone she realised how rudely she talked with him.
"I am so bad. Aditya helped me whenever he can and what I did. I talked so rudely with him. He must be feeling bad. I should say sorry to him but I can't go to him now. He will again ask about my injuries and I don't even have an excuse to make now. I am in such a mess." Zoya talked with herself while a lone tear fell from her eyes looking at her wounds. "What all I have to do Abbu to hide the wounds that you gave me,from the world. I don't like lieing to anyone and here I am, lieing again and again to those people who only have care for me. I don't want them to think bad about you all especially you abbu." Zoya cried more for sometime and then wiped her eyes with the back of her hands and went for her another class.
While the class was going on, Aditya was continuously staring at Zoya. He wanted to say sorry to her and ask about her injuries. He was feeling as if something was not right with Zoya and she was lieing about her injuries. He decided to say sorry to her immediately after the class. His plan got failed since as soon as the class got over, Zoya immediately sneaked out of the college before anyone could spot her.

Hey guys! Thank you for all the votes and comments.
Please give your precious vote and comment to this chapter too if you like it.
Love to all💕