Chapter-17

Aditya, Zoya, Pooja and Yash along with Mahi were sitting in the cafeteria. Pooja and Yash were gossiping between them while Zoya was completing some notes. Aditya was playing with his fingers while being in a deep thought. He zoned out and unintentionally, he was looking at Mahi. Mahi thought Aditya was staring at her so she did the same. Zoya looked at Mahi and saw her staring at something since a long time. She turned her head to the side to find her source of stare to be Aditya. Zoya looked at mahi who was gazing at Aditya with a smile. She then looked at Aditya and found him looking at Mahi too but looking in his eyes, she knew that he was not present here and might be thinking of something. She looked at Mahi and scowled a little. She then cleared her throat to gain her attention and remove her eyes from Aditya but it didn't work.
"Doofus! He is lost somewhere but Mahi is thinking that he is looking at her." She thought to herself. "What if.. What if Mahi falls in love with him? Oh my allah no no no." Zoya's face turned into an 'O' shaped and she slapped Aditya right away on his arm causing him to yelp a little.
"Oww..What was that for?" Aditya asked with his brows knitting together in confusion. Mahi's stare got broken and she blushed looking at Aditya which went unnoticed by all except Zoya.
"Uh...Help me with these notes, You Doofus." Zoya made a face at him.
"No notes and all. I have an idea." He winked at Zoya before standing up. "Guys we are taking Mr. Shanghai's extra class today. Bye" Saying this he held Zoya's hand and literary pulled her up to make her stand.
"But it will be of 2+ hours atleast. And we have studied those topics before too." Mahi said smiling extra sweetly.
"I didn't get those topics then. I am going and Zoya too. Bye." Before anyone could say anything else, he dragged Zoya along with him.
"Aditya it will be boring." Zoya made a crying pout.
"Who said we are going for that boring class?" Aditya smirked while wagging his eyebrows mischievously.
"What? Where are we going then?" Zoya asked in surprise.
"To watch a movie. It's been a while. I used this class as an excuse there so that Mahi doesn't know anything. Your abbu is not going to ask for you if you reach late but still in case, he asks then Mahi will say that you are in class." Aditya smirked mentally praising himself for such a great idea.
"So this was what you were thinking of while you were zoned out at the table?" Zoya asked huffing a breath.
"Yes. Oh wait. Did I zone out? Nevermind." Aditya chuckled.
"Yes and Mahi was staring at you." She said the latter part in a mere whisper. "You will drop me at the pub then okay?" Zoya said.
"Okay Madam. Now let's go." Aditya grinned and started the engine of the car.

They reached the movie hall and sat comfortably with the popcorns and snacks. They were peacefully watching the movie when Zoya felt someone staring at her in an inappropriate manner. She looked at her side and that only confirmed her suspicion. A man sitting two seats to the left of her was looking at her. She, at first, shrugged her thoughts away and tried to concentrate on her movie but she was getting uncomfortable. She looked at Aditya who was busy in watching the movie and having the popcorn. She then looked over at that man and saw him still looking at her. She leaned a little into Aditya's chest to feel safe. Aditya wrapped his arms around her and kept watching the movie.
After sometime, the interval came and Aditya got up from the seat.
"Do you want something or you want to go to washroom?" Aditya asked Zoya.
"No. Are you going somewhere?" Zoya asked meekly while looking at the man who was still staring at her.
"Yes, some more chips and popcorns." Aditya smiled sheepishly.
"I will also come with you." Zoya said almost immediately.
"Okay. Come" Aditya held her hand and they went. While going, Zoya turned around and was left shocked when she found that man following her. She inched closer to Aditya and held his hands tightly. They were soon done with purchasing the chips and snacks and came back into the movie hall. That man was still following her and Aditya. When they were about to sit, Zoya saw that man sitting on his original seat that was two seats away to the left of them. Aditya was going to sit on the right side when Zoya stopped him.
"I want to sit on that side. You sit here please." Zoya said while she kept looking at that man through the corner of her eyes. Aditya saw her looking at someone with a little fear in her eyes. He looked in the direction of her eyes and saw a man staring at her. He felt his anger reaching its peak looking at the way that man was staring her. The man was not aware of Aditya's fierce glare at him.
"Yeah okay you sit that side." Aditya gestured to his right side and they both sat down. He wrapped his arms around her in protectiveness while Zoya kept her head on his chest and tried to focus on the movie. When he saw that Zoya was not looking at the man or him, he turned his head to the side of the man and gave him an angry look. Aditya's eyes were  bloodshot red and were oozing anger and possessiveness. The man then looked at Aditya and seeing his glare, he turned his head to the other side. Aditya's palms were enclosed in a fist and he tried to control his anger. "It was not the right place." He thought.
Zoya looked at the man again and saw him watching the movie now instead of staring at her. She felt relieved and snuggled more into Aditya's chest feeling the protectiveness and comfort that his body was giving her. She then focused on the movie whereas Aditya's focus was long gone. He kept looking at the man with anger evident in his eyes. It was now the time for that man to get uncomfortable. The movie was over soon and Aditya and Zoya came out. Aditya was looking around for that man and soon he spotted him.
He took Zoya to his car. "Take the keys and sit inside. Lock the gates. I will be right back." He instructed her.
"But where are you going?" Zoya asked in confusion and slightly fear of that man coming behind her again.
"You trust me?" Aditya asked to which Zoya nodded her head in 'YES'. "Then wait here." Saying this Aditya went.
After 10 minutes, he was back with that man holding him by his collar. The man's nose was bleeding and his lower lip was slightly cut from the edge indicating that Aditya might have beaten him. Zoya looked at Aditya and smiled but her smile vanished as soon as she saw that man. She got out of the car hurriedly and came to him.
"Aditya..What..." Zoya was speaking but Aditya cut her off in middle.
"Slap him." Aditya said with a blank expression on his face while pushing the man forward.
"I..I can't." Zoya stammered.
"Slap him Zoya. He was staring at you inappropriately."Aditya said a bit sternly.
"Aditya please. Leave him. Let's go from here." Zoya said while tears filled her eyes.
"Slap him Zoya." Aditya said, a little louder this time.
Zoya flinched by his tone but didn't deny him this time looking at his anger. She didn't see him this angry before and hence agreed. She came forward and slapped the man hard. The man muttered a 'Sorry' to her to which Zoya just nodded slightly.
"Now make sure to never look at any women this way otherwise you will regret it for the rest of your life." Aditya warned him. His eyes red due to the anger and aggressiveness.
That man nodded and ran for his life. Aditya then wiped his hand with his handkerchief. He took Zoya's hand with which she slapped that man and wiped her palms.
"Are you still angry?" Zoya asked in a whisper.
"Are you afraid of my anger?" Aditya asked looking at her seriously.
"Yes..Yes." Zoya replied.
"But you told me that you can never get scared of me." Aditya asked wiggling his eyebrows with the glint of mischief in his eyes. He was back to his normal self in no time.
"Yes I told that...But you look scary when you are angry. Especially your eyes." She pointed at his eyes. "They were red and your voice was also very strict and serious." Zoya completed looking at him innocently.
"I can never get angry at you and I will never hurt you Zoya. So don't get scared of me ever." He said while holding her hand. "Infact I got to my normal self so easily and quickly because of you, because you were here, otherwise it takes me hours to get out of my angry mode." Aditya chuckled. "I think you are seriously my source of peace." He smiled.
"Thank you for this." She said referring to the conversation. "And that." She said referring to that man.
"So you are going to say thank you to me now." Aditya asked faking to be angry. "Howsoever cheesy or cringy this may sound, but I am going to protect you forever Zoya. This is Aditya Hooda's promise and I never break my promises." Aditya said seriously. A wide grin took it's place on Zoya's lips and she sighed in contentment while nodding her head gratefully at him.
"Now let's go. I am hungry." Aditya chuckled and they sat in the car, leaving to their respective places.

I hope you like this chapter.
Love to all❤️