Chapter 9

Zoya was in the pub serving to the people when she saw two men staring at her in an unusual way. She used to get many disgusting scares everyday and this was one of them but what caught her attention was earlier the stares were just for sometime but these two guys were sitting there since the time she arrived in the pub. They were asking for the drinks from her only and their stare was scary and full of lust. Zoya looked at them several times in between her job in a hope that maybe it was all in her imagination or overthinking and nothing else. But she was proven wrong everytime she used to look at them. Her shift was about to get over and she was getting worried thinking about her safety. How is she going to get back to her home safely was her only thought. She was praying to God to help her. 
She asked another waitress if she could drop her home but she didn't get any help there. Suddenly she was reminded of Aditya. "Maybe he is here" thinking this Zoya roamed all around the pub searching for him, hoping and praying that she may find him, but he was not there. Her this idea also got scrapped and she picked up her phone to call her Abbu. She dialed his number and luckily he picked up her phone.
"Hello!" Waseem spoke into the phone absent-mindedly.
"Hello Abbu!" Zoya replied.
"It was you. Oh I didn't see before picking up the call. Don't call me now. I have an important call to answer so don't keep the line busy." Saying this he was about to cut the call.
"Abbu Abbu please. Listen to me once. Please come and pick me up from here. I am not feeling good. Some men are looking at me in a very wrong way abbu. I feel unsafe." Zoya spoke in fear looking at the two men from the corner of her eyes.
"Zoya I am busy. I can't come to pick you now. Don't call me again." Saying this Waseem cut the call.
Zoya kept the phone back in her bag and wiped her tears. She has to find a way herself. She has to safeguard herself. Thinking this Zoya picked up her bag and went outside the pub to call for a taxi. She opened her mobile and kept '100' number ready on the dial screen so that she can call for police whenever she sensed extreme danger.
The two men started following her as soon as she took an exit from the pub. Zoya kept walking ahead in search of a taxi. She kept looking behind and found them following her. She took out her scarf and wrapped it around her face so that she can hid herself if she come across some crowded place but that didn't happen since there were almost no people at the road at this late hour. After sometime she sensed those men walking fast and they were about to reach her. She looked around for some help but there was no one. She turned back and saw them smirking at her lustily. She started running clutching her bag tightly. The men also started chasing her. After walking some distance, she started panting. She looked behind and saw those men searching for her. She looked in front and saw a large house. It was appearing to be of a rich man. She went near the house and saw the watchman taking a nap. The nameplate with "Hooda Mansion" flashed in front of her eyes. She did not pay attention to anything and quietly went inside the gate and hid herself behind the bushes in the garden area. She stood up a little to see those men and saw them talking to the watchman. She got scared and started crying while covering her mouth with her hands trying to muffle her sobs.
Aditya was sitting on the swing in the garden, a little away from Zoya and his back towards her. His entire focus was on his file and its papers. When his work was done, he stood up to leave and it was then he heard some noises mainly that of crying coming from the bushes' side. He went in the direction of noise thinking who could it be at this hour. Zoya heard the footsteps coming closer to her and thought them to be of those men following her. She shut her eyes tightly. As soon as Aditya pushed the bushes aside Zoya stood up terrified  with her eyes still closed and started pleading "please let me go. Please". Aditya looked at her in shock first and then that shock got converted to Worry as soon as he heard her mumbling and cries.
"Zoya. It's me. Look here." Aditya said softly.
On hearing a familiar voice, Zoya opened her eyes and saw Aditya in front of her.
"It's me. Aditya. What happened Zoya?" Aditya asked her worriedly.
"Aditya" Zoya whispered and then hugged him tightly and started crying.
"Aditya... Please save me.. Please. They are here." Zoya cried keeping her head on his chest and both her hands were clutching his shirt tightly. Aditya too hugged her back and rubbed her back to calm her down. She was cocooned in his arms and she felt protected for the first time in her entire life.
"Who are here Zoya? Tell me. Nothing will happen I promise." Aditya repeated the same sentences over and over to calm down her worries.
Soon she was calm and her crying also stopped. She came out of his hold and looked up at him. His eyes were reflecting worry and care for her.
"Calm down and tell me what happened Zoya?" Aditya asked her.
"I..I was in the pub. There were two men who were staring at me and then they started following me. I had nowhere to go and hide myself. I was so scared." Saying this she started crying again."I came here and saw that the watchman was sleeping so I sneaked inside the house. I thought I will go back when the men will be gone but I saw them talking to the watchman. Then you came and I misunderstood that those men are here." She completed and wiped her tears while taking some hiccups.
"Watchman" Aditya shouted as soon as Zoya completed and Zoya flinched at his high tone filled which was filled with anger. The watchman ran up to him.
"Yes Sir." The watchman stood straight in fear looking at Aditya's angry eyes.
"Who were those men with whom you were talking?" Aditya asked him in the same high tone.
"Sir they were searching for some girl. They were asking me if I had seen her. Then they told me the appearance of the girl too." Watchman then looked at Zoya." The description matched with Madam's appearance." The watchman said while gesturing towards Zoya.
"You can go." Aditya said to watchman and turned towards Zoya. "Zoya you stay here. I will go and see them." He was about to go when Zoya held his right hand with both her hands stopping him.
"No No! Please don't go. They may harm you as well." Zoya told him in fear.
"They can do nothing to me Zoya. Wait here. I can't let them go like this after stalking you." Aditya reasoned.
"No You will not go. Please Please Aditya." She pleaded while tears kept falling from her eyes.
"Okay fine. Come inside." Aditya took her inside the house and gave her a glass of water. After drinking water Zoya took long breaths and finally she was back to normal. She then looked around the house.
"This is my house. You must have missed seeing the nameplate with HOODA written on it." Aditya chuckled seeing her in confusion.
"Oh yes! I saw but I didn't give it any attention." Zoya said giving an embarrassed smile.
"It's completely fine." Aditya said smiling.
"I should go home now. It's getting late." Zoya said.
"It's not getting late. It's already late Madam." Aditya chuckled." Wait here." Aditya said and took his car keys.
"Come. I will drop you." Aditya said while wearing his shoes and jacket.
"I am sorry to bother you." Zoya said looking down.
"You are saying SORRY to me now and when I will drop you home, you will say THANK YOU so this SORRY and THANK YOU cancel each other now. So I don't want to hear these two words again. Aditya said while going out and Zoya followed him. The ride was silent and soon they reached near her home. Aditya stopped the car a little far away from her home.
"I think you would want to go alone from here." He said looking towards her.
"Yes." Zoya said smiling.
"Don't be scared okay? I am standing here only till you reach inside your gate." Aditya said while getting out of the car along with Zoya.
"Thank You Aditya." Zoya said looking at him.
"Zoyaaaaa" He faked anger hearing at her 'Thank you'.
"Sorry" Zoya said immediately.
"Zoya" He nodded his head negatively.
"Okay Bye!" Zoya said while smiling and biting her lip.
The house was within the sight of Aditya. She reached at the gate of her house, turned back and gestured him with her hand saying that this is her house and he can go now. Aditya mouthed a small 'okay' and gave a thumbs up. Zoya went inside her house. When Aditya made sure that she is safely inside her house, he looked around to see if those men were still following her or not. On spotting no one around, he sat in his car.
"Shit! I forgot to say SORRY to her again. I am becoming the dumbest man on earth." He mentally slapped himself and then went towards his home making a mental note to say sorry to her tomorrow for sure.

Hey guys! I hope you like the chapter. Don't forget to Vote and Comment. It really encourages me to write otherwise I get embarrassed by my own writing sometimes.😅

Love to all❤️