Chapter 5

Zoya was working in the kitchen when Mahi entered from behind.
"So befriended the most popular guy of the college? Huh Cool Zoya. I never thought you would be so cunning." Mahi said while taking a bite from the apple kept on the slab.
"Who?" Zoya asked while looking at her in confusion.
"Now don't act so innocent. I am talking about Aditya Hooda and his gang. I saw you today sitting with them during the free hours. What were you doing with them Zoya?" Mahi asked keeping her apple aside and glaring at her.
"Pooja asked me to join them." Zoya said while biting her lips nervously.
"Don't worry. I will make sure she never asks you again." Mahi smirked and left from there.

The next day in college, Pooja, Yash,Aditya and Zoya were sitting at the same place in the cafeteria when Mahi joined them.
"Hi! Mahi Siddiqui" Mahi introduced herself.
"Hi! " Pooja replied while still looking at her phone. Yash and Aditya did not even look at her. No one paid attention to her except Zoya. She was looking at Mahi nervously and thinking about the reason behind her being there.
"May I sit here?" Mahi said gesturing to the empty seat.
When no one responded to her question, she smiled awkwardly and sat there adjusting herself comfortably.
"As you all know I am new here & Zoya is my sister. Since she was with you all so I thought why not join you guys." Mahi said smiling awkwardly while looking at them.
"But I saw you yesterday. You had a nice company then why are you here alone today?" Yash asked her.
"That...That was nothing. I was just talking randomly with them." Mahi answered fumbling.
"Oh great! Then do the same today." Pooja said looking at her.
"Okay! I think you all are in an irritated mood today. No problem. Let me introduce myself. My name is Mahi Siddiqui. I was previously in Mumbai University. And now I am here. Friends?" Mahi asked extending her hands towards the three of them.
"Listen Mahi. I don't like strangers in my group & I have enough friends for now. I don't need another one & I think Pooja & Yash also agree with me. So you may leave. Have a good day. Bye." Aditya said giving her a wide fake smile & stood & went from there.
Mahi took back her outstretched hand embarrassingly while Pooja & Yash too stood up and went from there. Zoya stood up and was looking at Mahi nervously while Mahi was glaring at her. Suddenly Pooja came back and whispered in Mahi's ear "You know we do friendship with humans not with witches." Saying this Pooja dragged Zoya along with her leaving a furious Mahi behind.
"Zoya Siddiqui You filled their ears against me. Now look what I will do." Mahi said this to herself smirking & looked at Zoya's retreating figure.

It had been 1 week since Zoya became friends with Pooja & Yash. Her day used to start with waking up & completing all the household chores, then going to college and after that at night she used to go to the pub for her job. Pooja and Yash became quite friendly with Zoya & Zoya was also comfortable with them. In this one week Aditya never talked to Zoya. He used to sit with all of them but only talked with Pooja and Yash. Zoya also never tried to talk to him sensing his ignorance towards her.
The next day there was a small program in the auditorium of the college. When the program got over and everybody started going back to their classes then suddenly a video started playing in the projector placed in the front. In the video there was a teacher from Mumbai University who was telling how Mahi Siddiqui was the one who used to get bad grades and also her behaviour with her professors and other classmates was very rude due to which she was expelled from the college. The professor was telling how Mahi was complete opposite of her sister Zoya. Everybody was standing and watching the video. Those who were talking bad about Zoya were now taunting Mahi. Zoya stood there dumbfounded whereas Mahi was embarrassment and was fuming with anger. After the video ended Aditya came up on the stage and took the mic.
"So this was a small video which teaches each one of us that we should not believe everything we hear and should think before speaking low of anyone. Also Mahi I don't know what fun you get spreading these rumours about someone and especially when that someone is your own sister. But I think you are mature enough now to stop with all of these childish acts. You are in college so behave like one. Thank You." Aditya smirked at Mahi and and went out of the hall. Other students also dispersed gossiping and discussing. Mahi stood their embarrassed and furious.

Zoya was searching for Aditya in the whole college. She wanted to thank him genuinely for clearing the things up. Nobody ever stood up for her this way and she was very grateful to Aditya. She spotted him sitting in a corner while talking to someone on the phone. Zoya went and stood beside him waiting for him to cut the call so that she can speak. When finally he was done, Zoya spoke up.
"Aditya...I want to.." Zoya was cut before she could even complete her sentence.
"Why are you here now?" Aditya asked facing the opposite side.
Zoya came to the side where Aditya's eyes were so that she can talk while looking at him.
"I wanted to thank you..for what you did for me today." Zoya said smiling gratefully at him. Aditya averted his gaze at his phone and nodded at her without speaking a word.
After a while Aditya looked up from his phone and saw that Zoya was still standing there.
"Now why are you standing here?" Aditya asked her rudely.
Zoya frowned at his rudeness but still continued further.
"Can we be friends?" Zoya asked hopefully while stretching her hands out for a handshake.
Aditya first looked at her hand and then turned his face the other side.
"I don't want any friendship from anyone. And I would have done the same even if there was someone else in place of you." Aditya said still looking at opposite side.
Zoya looked disappointed but managed to mask down that expression of hers.
"It's okay and Thank you so much for everything you did." Zoya said with a smile while taking back her outstretched hand.
Aditya looked at her smile and felt a little guilty. Zoya went from there while Aditya kept looking at her.

Please Vote & Comment if you like the chapter. Thank you for all the lovely comments on the previous chapter.
Love to all❤️