girl meets master plan

"So you really just have a key to their apartment?" Olivia questions as they walk towards the Matthews's door. "Obviously" Shawn says, opening the door and noticing nobody was in the living room. "You have a strange friendship" Olivia comments, shutting the door behind her. "Has he not given you one?" he asks. "Nope, and i'm basically living with them" Olivia sighs, heading to the kitchen. "I'm his favourite" Shawn singsongs. "I know you are, but I am many peoples favourite" She says, dramatically sitting on the chair opposite him. "Like who?" Shawn scoffed. "Auggie, Josh, you" She shrugs. "I think Josh competes with you with Auggie" Shawn says. "Josh'll let me win" Olivia says confidently, unaware  of the smile creeping onto her face when her dad mentioned Josh. "Because he loves you" Shawn teases. "Shut up"

Riley and Maya come through the door and Olivia looks up from her phone and gives them a smile. "Are you really here?" Riley says. "Yep i'm here" Shawn smiles, giving Riley a hug. He then hugs Maya and Riley informs the hunters of it being Mayas birthday. "Happy birthday Maya" Olivia smiles, hugging the birthday girl. "Thanks" Maya said softly, it was nice to have people care enough even just to say that. 

Cory and Topanga come through the door, not realising who was in the room. "Honey, hide the cake before Maya gets here" Topanga says before her eyes fall on the people, stood behind her husband. "I know, but you know what we should do? We should bring this cake to Maya's mother just in case she forgot to get her own kid a cake" Cory says, completely oblivious. Topanga shot Maya an apologetic smile "Oh, you think that could actually happen?" Cory still is unaware of the group watching. "Honey, I grew up with Shawn Hunter. Remember his mother? She forgot where she lived. And then his girlfriend? Forgot about her own child. See, my biggest worry is that forgetting to give your kid a cake is the first step to forgetting where you live" Cory says without thinking. "Oh, that's not your biggest worry anymore" Topanga says, looking at Maya. "Maya's behind me, isn't she? Why is everybody always behind me? Okay, Maya, I'm not going to turn around because I'm all embarrassed, but you know how much I like your mother" Cory says, now slowly realising. "I know you do. You always defend her" Maya smiles, not showing she was affected by his words.

 "Because at least she's not-" Cory starts but gets interrupted by his wife "No, everything's fine! Stop talking." Cory ignores her and continues babbling. "Shawn's mother! What a cuckoo. "Ah, it's Tuesday! I better run away!'" he says before noticing topangas face finally "You have to laugh, huh, Topanga? Nice face." Topanga just looks at him. "You want to turn around or you want me to turn you around?" She says. "How you doin', Shawn?" Cory replies, still facing his wife. "Well, it ain't Tuesday, so pretty good" Shawn shrugs. Cory then throws the cake in the air and rushes to hug his best friend. 

After Cory and Topanga discuss love, Riley pipes up. "So who has the key to your heart Uncle Shawn?" she questions. "Yeah you ever been in love or what?" Maya asks. Olivia sighs. "Angela time?" Shawn turns to his friends. "seems unavoidable" Topanga shrugs. "You okay?" Shawn turns to his daughter who was walking the fridge. "Yeah, over it by now, didn't want me, that's fine" Olivia shrugs, getting her drink from the fridge. "We all love you liv" Topanga hugs her. "I know" she smiles, Olivia didn't really care about her mother at this point. "Angela, spill it" Riley says. "Yeah, was she all tortured poet-wanderer-female-you type?" Maya asks. "You guys wanna know how they fell in love?" Cory asks. "He went through her purse" Topanga says. "What?" Riley exclaims. "I can explain that" Shawn says defensively. "Girls, trust us, it was very romantic in high school" Topanga says. "So basically he fell in love with a concept?" Riley asks. "It was doomed from the start" Maya sighs. "Never let me do that" Riley looks over to her best friend. "I would kill it immediately, that's what best friends are supposed to do" Maya smiles. "Ring power!" "Ring power" They join their fingers together in front of Shawn. He just pushes them down making Olivia smirk and wiggle her finger at them. "You've got one?" Maya questions as Olivia stands by her fathers side. "Mhm. Josh gave it to me on my 14th" Olivia shrugs. "One day it'll be an engagement ring" Topanga smirks. "Oh shut up"