Constant

"Are you ready?"

"I'm not sure what to do", Lena answered.

Alex took a deep breath, Lena was already breathing quite heavily,

"You got this."

Lena looked at Alex and gave her a half-smile, half frown. Alex confided in her, despite how hard it was, and Lena appreciated it very much.

"It's time," Alex said and made room for the group to leave. It was the first time they saw Lena since what happened. Unlike what the green-eyed girl expected, they gave her forgiving and helpful looks. A part of her had really missed them, but just like with Alex, there was a lot of rebuilding to do before they could be called 'friends' again.

It was really up to her now.

"I will not overstep or-"

"Do whatever needs to be done," Alex told her.

Lena nodded and past Alex, walking right inside, and there she was, only a few feet apart from her, Kara.

Lena recoiled immediately from the bed, pining, on the one hand, to run to her and hold her, aching, on the other one, to the sight of what events had made her become. She turned around to Alex, cheeks flushed, eyes glowing, lips shaking, and a slight frown of confusion showing on her face. In her worst nightmares, she never thought she would see the Kryptonian girl like that, defenseless, vulnerable, and weak.
An acute pain pushed against her heart, surrounding it and threatening to break her.
Stuttering sobs escaped from her lips.

"It's okay, it's just an attempt," Alex placed her hand on the brunette's shoulder,

"I trust you."

Lena nodded and walked back inside, sat on the chair next to Kara's bed, and observed her.
She wasn't sure what to do next. She was told that if she talked to Kara, she might have the power to wake her up from her coma.
A few minutes ago, she knew exactly what she wished to tell her. It was her only wish for the past few months, after all. But now, looking at Kara, clad in white DEO clothes, hair scattered on the pillow and needles in her hands, Lena could barely recognize the strong, powerful, and unbeaten woman in front of her.

Supergirl?
Nah.

She just didn't know how to begin. She looked around, her friends were waiting outside, Alex included, giving her the privacy she needed and yet, monitoring and watching over the two of them.
The room was still quiet, but it only took one more gaze at Kara for Lena to collapse on her. Crying herself out, she squeezed Kara's hand. She would've kissed it if there weren't so many things connected to the back of Kara's palm, and that left a limited number of options. Instead, she chose to press a kiss on the Kryptonian's cheek, for the very first time, ever, soft and craving, wondering how Kara would've reacted if she was actually there to participate.

"Kara," she called her.

"Hey."

She looked back, afraid that Alex would be mad at her for touching Kara like that. But Alex wasn't even there anymore. She left a soon as Lena held Kara's hand. She really did trust her.

"Well, I would probably start and talk to you about our better times together... but honestly, all I can remember is you, forgiving me, over and over again, convincing me to believe in people and to do good. That was a good time. You, pulling me out of the darkest places and putting me on the right path. That is all I can remember from our time together in the past years.
But I don't deserve your compassion anymore. Everything that you've given me... I don't deserve it, I apparently never have.
I hate to see you like this, it hurts me more than any secret you could've kept from me..."