Queen of All Media

Kara opened her eyes to the sound of a vague conversation and the feeling of blunted nails, pressing strongly into her palm.

"Are you sure, Alex?"

"It's her choice, I trust in her judgment", Alex answered, "and she's gotten a lot better since yesterday".

"Right..." Lena mumbled and looked down at Kara.

The blonde girl opened her eyes fully and tried to focus on the brunettes above her.

"Hey you", she heard a soft voice.

"Hey" she said back, "were you two watching me like that this whole time?" she murmured with a quiet laugh.

"I just wanted to check up on you and see if you're still planning on coming back to Catco today", Alex told her sister and helped her sit up.

"How do you feel?" Lena asked her and continued drawing circles in her left palm, making Kara feel a bit of unrequited pleasure.

"I feel..." the blonde stopped to wonder, "I feel good. I feel ready", she told the two, "I want to go today".

"I'm glad you're okay, love", Lena smiled at her and got up from the bed. She walked towards the kitchen in Kara's loft and played with her fingers nervously, as Kara was trying to figure out what she was looking at.
Alex was headed to the door, "I am at the DEO today, Kara. So if you need anything..."

Kara nodded at her with a grin and watched the door closing behind her.

"I kept you up all night again, didn't I?" she asked Lena all of a sudden.

The green-eyed turned around slowly, still, playing with her fingers. She raised her head from the floor and looked at Kara, baiting her lower lip, "darling..."

"No, please... let me make it up to you", Kara spoiled with regret for keeping her beloved, "I'll get dressed and-"

"It's fine Kara", Lena stopped her and stepped closer to the bed, watching carefully as Kara was getting up on her feet.

"I actually have a surprise for you".

"A surprise?"

"Yes", the brunette answered and her cheeks got flushed. She walked after Kara into the bathroom and watched her putting her toothbrush in her mouth.

"Reawy? whah ish it?", she asked with a mouth full of toothpaste.

"I'm not supposed to tell you", Lena said and placed her hands on the Kryptonian's shoulders, "but I really really want to", she teased, whispering in Kara's ear and feeling her shoulders and upper back.

"L-Corp's genius CEO, businesswoman and scientist can't keep a secret from me?" Kara teased back.

"I can! I am".

"Aha", Kara smirked and gave her a big smile fool of toothpaste through the mirror.

"It's- uh... Kara-"

The brunette's breath quit on her by that cute smile. Her cheeks burned and her heart pounded so hard that even through her distracted gasps, Kara could hear it.