Be Careful

"We have just got a confirmation", said J'ohn as he was walking out of one of the rooms in the DEO. His expression was plaintive and uncertain and he raised his head to Alex with hesitation to his next words,

"The body is William Dey's", he told her quietly.

The director walked with him to the main hall to meet the rest, considering what might be the right response.
The group in front of them was already informed about the news.

"Did we find a file yet?" She asked and stopped her steps right behind the round table, joining the rest.

"No, not yet, but we are keeping on the investigation and following several clues",  Brainy informed her nurveosly and passed Lena quickly on his way to the main screen that was hanged on the wall behind them.

"I want in the investigation", the green-eyed declared firmly and pushed herself away from the table.

"Not happening".

"Alex-"

"A man was killed, Lena. I'm not sending you there", she insisted and leaned on the table, looking aside.
She took a deep breath. It wasn't the first time Lena had requested to be part of an investigation or an operation. She was constantly trying to show her worth as part of the team and she was slightly obsessed with finding the missing file that the two had talked about just a while ago.

And although Lena was doing a great job most of the time, Alex just couldn't find the patients to handle her, taking over the mission and yet, succeeding at doing it just right. Especially not now, when they were closer than ever to find answers.

"I trust in Nia to handle whoever is behind this", she said and exhaled slowly, glancing only at Lena, firm and annoyed, and also a bit worried about her exaggerated behavior recently that could basically be summed up with her, jumping straight into danger as if nothing had ever mattered.

"Kelly is in charge of the missing file", she added toward Lena's rebellious expression.

"It will only be a matter of time before we have it", Brainy announced, trying to calm down the two ladies that seemed to have such tension between them that could be cut with a knife.

Alex didn't spare another mutter, "and if anything, I will be the one joining in". Lena signed at her and turned around so she could lean backward on the table and think, letting Alex see nothing but her back.

"I want in too"', the group heard a familiar voice coming from the entrance. A well-known Super walked right inside in her suit, her hands, on her waists, and her confidant, known smirk was showing naturally on her face.

"Kara?" Lena knitted her brow. She took a few steps closer and gazed aside for a second to examine Alex's reaction.
Kara looked at the surprised heroes with certainty, "I'll find that file... and whoever is behind this".

Alex looked at her and considered their options, avoiding Lena's eyes that were staring at her, shocked and accusing.

"I can do this, Alex".

"I- I know you can", Alex mumbled and inhaled nervously, nodding lightly to Brainy.

"I could... fill you up with what's going on", he let out and gazed at Alex, innocent and praying that her nod wasn't accidentally misunderstood. Kara looked at her sister and interrogated her hands with a slight smile.
Lena gashed her teeth and exhaled worriedly. She watched Alex as the director approached her sister and nodded affirmatively, "we will meet you at the crime scene in a few", she said and gave the green-eyed beside her a justifying look.