The One When Lena Was Brave Enough To Jump Off A Cliff

Lena woke up to the sound of the blonde, perfect reporter that she hated so much talking nonstop. It took her no time to understand that it was Kara's TV which made his irritating voice so loud. "What time is it?" The young mother-to-be rolled herself off the bed.
Kara didn't answer her, but she could still tell it wasn't morning, not at all, noon, or maybe later, and it seemed reasonable since they really needed that time of sleep after the events of last night.

The voices on the TV were starting to get clearer, "the new, incredible technology- Obsidian North is taking the next step in order to prove to the world that it's officially back!" Lena heard the reporter saying with excitement and her nose wrinkled, "what kind of new technology?" She asked with tiredness and got up, walking towards the bathroom.

But the Kryptonian didn't answer her once more. She was sitting with her back, facing both Lena and the TV and just... listening.

So the TV answered Lena instead.

"Obsidian Platinum!! See, smell, taste, Feel! The new, and if I may add, very exciting version of Obsidian North will be represented officially on a video from an unknown location, and will include both Andrea Rojas and Ben Lockwood, showing us for the very first time this new invention! We are also told to except a new member of this amazing investment team. A boss, a new head, a lord of this brand, new technology so it's safe to announce that we should expect something big!..."

"I hate this guy", Lena mumbled from the bathroom, washing her face and cleaning her eyes. She was trying to identify with her loved one who seemed to have a hard time taking in the news.
Kara let out a loud sigh just when the brunette grabbed her toothbrush, still listening to the irritating voice from the TV-

"Where is Supergirl? Who promised us a future without Obsidian? A mystery... still, Ben and Andrea tell us only one thing for sure- she won't be a problem".

When Lena heard the reporter's last words she hurried out of the bathroom, face washed, a toothbrush in her mouth, and some white toothpaste foam dripping out of it. She reached the blonde girl and banded over, pulling smoothly the toothbrush through her lips, "darling, this is nonsense, you know that right?" She told Kara and felt her shoulder.

The superhero finally turned around with Lena's touch, pressing 'off' on the remote controller and finally stopping that annoying voice of the male reporter. Lena got down on her knees to face Kara and held her hand with the one that wasn't holding her toothbrush.
She watched as Kara exhaled with disappointment, "I know sunshine, I just... I stopped them last year. I beat them and gave everything I had... I- I almost...", she cut herself off and continued, "how are they still out there?? Why doesn't anybody pay attention to what's happening?" She asked, letting her puppy eyes show.

Lena nodded with understanding and sat down by the blue-eyed girl's side.

"They beat me, they won that fight... in the end, didn't they?"

Lena shook her head and swallowed, trying to avoid the undeniable need to run to the bathroom and deliver her morning 'gift' to the toilets. "You know that's not true", she let out instead, making Kara smile a little and then clutch Lena's hand back.
She nodded with a little smirk that attempted to cover her frown, "you look kinda silly trying to comfort me with all that toothpaste in your mouth", she giggled quietly, eyes locked with Lena's and her eyebrows knitted softly.

"It worked, didn't it?" Lena asked her with strangled words.

"Yeah, it did" Kara lowered her voice even more," it's adorable", she whispered and let go of Lena's hand so she could swipe a few hairs from her eyes.
Lena stood up and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and get rid of the white toothpaste on her teeth.