Chapter Eighteen

That night when I got to the styles house. I make my way up to Ed's room.
"Baby? I'm here." I said, through Ed's door and moments later it opened, and I smiled.
"Hey baby." Ed smiled.
"Hi handsome." I said, stepping forward and giving him a kiss. I pull away and he scoops me backup and tries to kiss me again.
"Ed." I said.
"What is it baby girl?" Ed asked, I looked into his eyes, which were bloodshot.
"Are you high?" I asked.
"Yeah..But I don't see why it matters baby." he said, his arms still around me.
"Why?" I asked.
"Why not." he retorted, smirking.
"It's not good for you. I want you to be healthy." I said, walking him to the bed.
"I am healthy baby." he said, looking up at me.
"Are you tired?" I asked.
"No." he shakes his head, squinting his eyes. "Yeah I am actually. I'm fucking tired." he yawned.
"Oh baby." I said, helping him lay down under the sheets. "Take a nap okay? I'm gonna go get you some water." I said, half smiling and he nodded. "Love you."
"Love you too babyyyy." he smiled, and I pecked his lips and then tucked him in before leaving his room.
Then I felt my heart drop. What is this? What is this relationship? Is it going to be every time I see him he is high or he ditches me? What happened to him being sweet? My head overflowed with millions of questions. I sat outside his door, my head in my hands as I started to cry. I didn't want this anymore. He wasn't the guy I wanted. He didn't make me happy. I feel more tears run down my cheeks.
"Hey Kensi." Harry said, and I snapped my head up, and wiped my tears.
"Hey." I half smiled.
"Did something happen?" Harry asked, looking down at me, seriously.
"No." I shook my head.
"Then why are you crying?" he asked, sitting down next to me.
"I. Ed's high and he hides everything from me.I don't even fucking know what he does for a job. I'm so fucking tired of lovinjg someone who just. Doesn't care the same." I broke down.
"I'm sorry Kensi. What Ed's doing is wrong. He shouldn't be doing this to you. I know I made mistakes but I would never do something like this to you." Harry said, his light green eyes staring right back into mine as I looked up to him. "You deserve better than this. To be treated with respect and kindness. And love and if he never sees that he is treating you unfairly." he trailed off.
"T-thank you." I nodded. "I just don't understand. I think he loves me. BUt he has no idea how to love someone or be with them. He doesn't understand that as a couple we are supposed to be close and tell each other everything. Trust each other. He hides so much from me." I sighed, Harry sighed too, and looked deeply into my eyes. "I just want to be happy but every decision I make seems to be wrong." I pouted.
"All of them?" Harry asked, softly but his voice deep.
"What do you mean." I sniffled.
"You said every decision," he repeated.
"Yeah. All my decisions have gotten me here, Harry. I"m in love with someone who will never be mature to be in a stable relationship. I won't be happy with him unless he actually tries and he clearly doesn't understand he is doing anything wrong." I said.
"So you think they are all wrong?" Harry said, his voice still soft.
"L-like us?" I asked, looking into his eyes.
"Yeah." he nodded.
"I. Why? I thought it didn't really matter to you." I said.
"You do matter to me." he said, scanning my eyes with his. "A lot."
"You mean a lot to me too. You're like family." I said, looking away, feeling a strong emotion overcoming my chest.
"Yeah but you mean a lot to me. But in a different way." Harry said.
"But I thought. I was just a phase." I whispered.
"That's what I thought too." he said, looking down at my lips and then back into my eyes. "People change and so do their feelings."