41

"See." Zach smiled.

"See what." I asked.

"You can still surf without-."

"I told you Zach I'm not getting in that water." I stated.

"But-."

"No I'm done." I stated and he sighed. "It ate the wedding ring I can't even wear it I can't show off the one thing I was most excited about."

"I'll get you a new ring and you can wear it on a necklace or your other hand." Zach smiled

"It's not the same." I whispered. "And fucking soul surfer won't make me get back in the water."

"Okay." Zach sighed and wrapped his arms around me. "You know you're making this a bad thing when it doesn't have to be."

"But it is." I stated.

"It's really not." Gabbie stated from the entrance to the living room. "Sorry I'm kinda losing my mind here there are so many surfers who lose their arm and they still get out there you can build a board Mac and you could be legendary Mac I know being in the water sucks okay but you're making it you make the water glow Mac and you have talent and you're throwing that away god what I would do if I could surf like you."

"I can teach you." I stated. "But I'm not getting in the water."

"Fine but i hope you know I won't give up." Gabbie stated.

Later that night

"Zach." I yelled and he ran into the bathroom.

"What you okay." Zach asked.

"I can't wash my hair." I sighed.

"Give me a second okay." Zach stated. I sighed and heard his clothes drop to floor and he got into the shower in just his boxers.

"Really." I asked.

"How else do you expect to get your hair washed." Zach asked while pouring shampoo into his hand. I sighed and turned away from him. "You know I'll always be here to wash your hair or to help you open things and help you with whatever you need."

"I know but I like being able to do things on my own." I stated and felt his hands on my head.

"I know." Zach sighed and moved his hands under my hair. "And I know it's not going to do anything to say this but your mom would be really proud of you but I know that if she were here she would tell you to get back into that water and just have a connection with it."

"I know." I sighed. "I just can't."

"Okay but one day will you." Zach asked. "And I know you said you don't want kids but maybe this is time for us to start again."

"I was thinking the same thing." I whispered.