Chapter 20- Guilt and Regrets

•°-The feeling of guilt and regrets filled the man as he stared at the coffee.-°•

"There's no need. I want to be alone, for now."

"y/n-"

"Just do your so-called mission now, I'm fine." she said still with a glint of concern despite what she's currently feeling. He knew that there's something wrong but he couldn't do anything but to let the h/c haired go. He thought it's better to give her some time alone than forcing her.

"Look what you did, you insensitive jerk." Yosano blurted out.

"What did I do?" he said.

"You call yourself intelligent yet you have no idea how a girl's mind works. Maybe you shouldn't be dating anyone." The hazel haired only looked at the doctor with a puzzled look while Yosano only shook her head dismissively as she left the scene.

"You casually touched another woman in front of your girlfriend and you think that's nothing? just how dumb are you?" Kunikida said and left the scene also.

Dazai reflected on the words of his co-workers and finally realized what made the girl upset. He was not aware of anything earlier because of what happened. He didn't think about his actions and the results that could affect the feelings of his lover. The man stared at the h/c girl's walking figure and started planning out how he will be consoling the upset one.

On the other hand y/n took a big breath trying to sort out her emotions before going back to her business. She continued her pace walking back to their place. As soon as she got there, she dropped her body on the couch and took a rest but her mind doesn't seem to do the same thing.

Her mind started pondering and overthinking the relationship that Dazai and Yuri had. What if Dazai suddenly takes turns and chooses to be with Yuri instead of her? What if his determination to uncover all the mysteries of Yuri destroys their relationship? She wouldn't be able to bear and watch all of the things she had worked for go to waste.

The bitterness that she's currently feeling got even more bitter making her groaned in frustration. It was just jealousy that's taking over her but thinking about Dazai being by her side, creates a stab in her heart.

Y/n may be his first but what if he finally had enough of her? What if he realized that he's already tired of being with her?

The e/c eyed girl drowned even more deeper in her thoughts. She knew Dazai wouldn't do that since he actually did everything to get her back, it was her against herself who's making it a bigger issue but what can she do about it? The way he looked at Yuri earlier was just different, it makes her paranoid so much.

She released a sigh before finally ending the overthinking. Y/n lifted her weight from the couch to fetch a coffee, hoping that it will help calm her down. As she walked past their main door, it suddenly opened on its own, startling her and revealing her boyfriend standing at the doorway, looking surprised as well.

"You scared mee!" Dazai whined while holding his chest. Y/n on the other side relaxed her tensed shoulders after realizing it's no bad guy. She then panned her gaze back to the man with a glint of glare even though she wore no expression at all. "Aren't you gonna ask me anything?" he continued.

The girl kept her poker face staring straight at the man forcing him to just spill what he wanted to tell.

"Well I told you that I'll be home late but I'm already here. You're not gonna ask why?" The e/c eyed girl has had enough with the intermittent topic of her boyfriend and turns her attention to the paper bag that Dazai has. "Curious?"

Y/n looked back to her lover and immediately lost her interest. She turned her back then started her way to the kitchen to continue her postponed business.