News

Darryl's POV

After a few more minutes of cuddling and kissing, Zak and I came out of the room. Vincent was sitting on the couch looking traumatized. I felt extremely awkward in the room with him.

"So I made a recording of this news program, and we should go over to my apartment to see it," Vincent said.

"Why?" Zak asked.

"It's relevant to us," Vincent said.

"Let's just go see what he has, Zak," I said.

We both walked out of the apartment door to Vincent's apartment. We never actually been inside, as he usually just comes to ours. On his door, he had a halloween door decoration of Jack Skellington.

"Random gift," Vincent said and opened the door.

"Who gave you that?" I asked.

"No idea. When I moved in someone left it in a box outside of my door. I just put it on my door," He said.

"Look guys it's me!" Zak said and made a big fake smile.

"Oh my goodness! You muffin!" I said kinda upset.

Zak laughed at me and we walked inside.

Vincent's apartment was totally different from the two bedroom one. The rooms were painted blue inside instead. He had a sliding door for the kitchen unlike the empty space for mine. He had the same carpet, but it was the only similarity.

His living room area didn't have a couch. He just had 2 monitors set up and a gaming chair with some cameras and lighting. He had a TV on the opposite wall with some bean bags to sit on. He had a keyboard not far from the gaming monitors and a bunch of cardboard boxes all around the room. I never seen anyone's apartment looking like this.

I opened the kitchen sliding door to see what that was like in there. The kitchen was much smaller in this apartment and it had different tiles and cabinets. He had a mini fridge installed and there was a kitten laying on the floor.

"Oh my goodness! A kitten!" I said.

"It's my cat, Ian," Vincent said.

"What happened to Ian when you were in the hospital?" Zak asked.

"An old lady downstairs offered to the landlord to take care of my cat. She already had a cat and she took good care of Ian. When I was back home, she brought the cat back to me," Vincent said.

"Ah, makes sense," I said.

"Anyway, sit down on the bean bags. I got to play this for you," said Vincent.

We sat down on the 2 bean bags. Vincent pulled up his gaming chair to sit down in behind us. He pressed play on the TV.

"We are standing here outside of a local IHop where a vicious fight broke out two nights ago. Two victims were beat up by three attackers," The news reporter said, "We will now speak to them."

George and Harvey was pictured onto the screen in two different hospital rooms. They looked really bloody and bruised.

"I was at this IHop and one guy randomly just started punching me. The others ganged up on me. I was so scared. Everyone else just hid under tables or ran out the door to not get in the way. Harv ran outside and was beaten up out there too. It hurt so bad and we both thought we were going to die. The cops took eleven minutes to arrive, and the attackers were gone by then. We're kind people, so Harvey and I both decided to not press charges against these three. It was probably a misunderstanding," said George.

"My body hurts so bad. My bone's are broken and I can barely walk. It hurts to even talk or eat anything. I'm miserable. It's going to be a long time before I recover and I am not going to be able to pay these bills from my hospital stay. I can't pay for the physical therapy after. I'm worried I just won't be the same. I'm so young and just starting my adulthood. I'm just so sad my life could already be over," Harvey said and began fake crying.

The news scene cuts back to the outside of the Ihop and away from the hospital room. The news lady had a pitiful look on her face.

"Thank you both for being so strong. Please be careful of any future attacks. This could happen again at a place that seems safe," She said.

Zak grabbed the remote and clicked off the TV. He sighed heavily and he seemed really mad. I never saw him this mad before.

"Bullshit," Zak said and then started to laugh.

I sighed as well. I almost wish Vincent didn't show Zak this. This was a very hurtful clip for Zak.

"You two can talk, I'm sorry but I need to take a nap," Zak said and got up from the bean bag.

"Zak wait!" I said and started to get up.

"Please, Darryl. I need to be alone for a bit. I'll be okay," He said.

"Please let me lay in there with you," I said.

I started thinking of my nightmares again. I begin to cry with a lot of paranoia that this was going to actually happen if I let him walk out the door. I felt really clingy, but I was terrified.

"Is this about the nightmares?" Zak asked.

I nodded my head.

"Alright, you can come lay with me, but I don't really wanna talk. Let's just go in there and lay down together," Zak said.

He pulled me into a quick, tight hug. I kept crying still for some reason. The thought of anything happening to him really set me off. I felt like I was being annoying, but I was scared.

I quickly said bye to Vincent and we both walked to the bed. Zak layed down on one side and wrapped himself up on blankets. He faced away from me. I faced towards him, but gave him space. He ended up falling asleep after awhile of just awkward silence.

I let him nap there, making sure to not fall alseep in case he snuck out. Vincent texted me saying sorry, but I understand why he would want us to see it. I was just worried about Zak rather then wasting energy being upset with Vince.

"I'm sorry, Muffin." I whispered.