Epilogue

Zak's POV

I grab my lighter and a pack of cigarettes from the floorboards of my car and light it. I inhale the cigarette, flickering it out the window and watch as the smoke wirls out the window. The radio is playing something by Twenty One Pilots. I don't know it but it makes me think of the past few months.

Darryl was killed by George.

I lost the love of my life.

His mom and dad talked to me briefly before the funeral, and I gave them the ring I was going to propose to him with until... until he vanished. I asked them to have him wear this before they closed his casket.

It was a closed casket funeral. I guess getting shot at doesn't look pretty.

At the funeral, everyone was crying. He had his relatives all there that I didn't really get to meet. It was raining and I was wearing one of his discord hoodies and holding a black umbrella. I got to give a speech for my hero, my friend, and my lover.

I told the whole story, right there in front of strangers but strangers who loved him too. I told how I thought I was a goner at that bridge. How I had no hope for me and that I was a broken and damaged person. I told them how Darryl was kind and brought me into his home and took care of me. That he got me help and changed my life.

I told them about muffins and minecraft and how we trolled each other. I told them about 14, pingspoofing, and bald, the thincrust  pizza. Jokes I wish I can't make more of. How we built a community together and how we built a home with our dogs.

I was sobbing at the end of the speech, thinking of the beauty of it all. The memories we made and we had recorded.

Recorded.

The muffin vid.

I went home after the funeral service and grave side, if I could even call it home anymore, and looked at the vid. I pressed play and saw us together. I still had my deep voice and I looked so scared.

I edited a bit of text before the video, saying "Rip Darryl Noveschosch" and a brief summary of what this video was and why it wasn't posted until now. That it was something I was ashamed of.

I uploaded the video both to Darryl's channel and my channel. The audience didn't know till then. I couldn't tell them he died. I tweeted that I was going to take a break and linked the muffin vid. Then I logged off.

Court wasn't long after the funeral. George was getting charged with murder and i had to testify for that, as well as testify how much he abused me for an abuse charge as well. I testified and cried. It was hard without Darryl here. It was hard to sit in the same court room as the man who killed my Muffin. He would be going to jail for life. I got justice, but not my lover back.

Harvey awkwardly walked up to me outside right after the court case.

"Zak I'm so sorry," Harvey said.

I said nothing.

"Zak, He told me you were an abusive liar. That you did anything for attention and that you were awful. That you faked being abused. Oh god, Zak I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't know. I'm so so so sorry. I didn't know. I swear!" Harvey said and cried.

"Yeah well, I'd rather not see you," I said to him and walked away, leaving him behind at the court room.

He messed up and he knew it, but I couldn't forgive him. I simply couldn't.

I stayed for three months in our apartment after the muffin vid and didn't post anything. Xem tried his best to be supportive for me and convince me to stay, but I couldn't. The apartment was killing me. He was a good friend to me.

I was close to relapsing, but Vincent reminded me of what Darryl would want for me.

Darryl would want me to stay healthy. And I guess I had to for that reason.

But it was definitely time to go.

This morning I packed my bags, my cigarettes that Darryl would have hated, and the dogs. I was going to move out to Los Angeles, get a change. I needed a change. The apartment would be going to some other lonely guy in his 20s.

Life was miserable here. I couldn't go anywhere without thinking of Darryl.

My online friend Dave or "Technoblade" had a house with a couple of buddies. I was moving in with them. I wasn't happy about it, but change.

Change.

I take another puff of my cigarette, and the song starts to fade away  to go to a commerical break. I whisper to myself although no one would hear.

"I love you Darryl."

--

Yes this is the end. I'll make a sequel of Zak "alone" in LA if you want. Feel free to leave any questions you have about me writing this etc. I am sorry for doing this to you all. I planned this from the start.

-SkeppyMC