bpm

Darryl's POV

After we walked back into the apartment, I gave Rat a dog treat and Zak ran to give Rocco one. I wasn't sure how I was going to explain this dog to my landlord. He doesn't even know that Zak is living with me, and I'm supposed to report that to him.

Still, it made me happy to see Zak excited over the new puppy, Rocco. Maybe Rocco will help Zak get better. Give him something to look after, besides me.

"We should probably give Rocco a bath," I said, "seems like the poor guy has been on the streets."

Zak agreed with me and we went into the bathroom to clean Rocco. Rocco seemed a bit unhappy to be cleaned, but he was very cooperative. Zak washed his fur with the dog shampoo I had and I ran a comfortable temperature over the puppy. Zak made sure to wash out all of the dirt from the streets, and Rocco's fur began to look much less brown.

After we cleaned Rocco up, I quickly placed a towel down onto the bathroom floor. We let Rocco onto the towel and he shook off the water. Zak got down on his knees and began to dry the puppy off. After, Rocco was still a bit wet but mostly dry.

"Good Rocco," Zak smiled. 

Rocco followed Zak out into our family room and Zak gave him a treat for behaving during the bath. Rat and Rocco then ran around the apartment together playing.

"I think I want to record a welcome video to my minecraft server, now that it's set up," Zak says.

"Okay cool, I'll get some players on to help for your trailer," I said.

Zak gave me a quick kiss and we walked into his room. Rocco and Rat kept playing.

"I'll get on Munchy and ask some people to come over to your server now for the trailer. Jacob will be on to help if anyone is misbehaving," I said.

Zak watched me log onto Munchy and message a few of the trusted people in the community. They all mostly left the server and switched onto Zak's. Zak had about 12 people on at the time.

I let him try to figure out OBS and how to record. I helped him record his minecraft window as he struggled a bit with getting the screen on just that. His audio was set up fine.

He went over to the record button, looking a bit hesitant. I gave him a kiss on his forehead to reassure him, and then he began recording.

He finished up the recording and I helped him create his channel. We both decided to call his channel Skeppy, like his minecraft name. It only made sense. I wasn't sure if he was going to even post more after that. It's there for him now though.

The video started uploading and I heard our doorbell ring. Clay and Vincent must be arriving now. I'm surprised Vincent rang the doorbell, but maybe it's because he was with Clay. Rat and Rocco both started barking and I tried to shush both of them.

I quickly ran over to the door and they were both standing there. Zak was standing a bit back, basically hidden at that moment.

"Oh hi I'm Clay," The man next to Vincent said and shook my hand.

"Oh hello! Welcome to my home! I'm super excited to play cards," I said.

"Yes I am too. Vincent talks nonstop about you guys," Clay said and Vincent blushed.

"Not all the time," Vincent says.

"Well you guys can come on in," I said with a smile.

"You have a nice- whoa," Clay said when he saw Zak.

Clay seemed terrified for Zak's life and freaked out by his bones. Zak stood there awkwardly looking down at his shoes. It looked like he was going to cry. I walked up to that muffin and hugged him.

"This is Zak," Vincent said to Clay

Clay kept looking at Zak with a worried look on his face. Zak looked a bit pale and tired.

"Hey Zak, let's have another sandwich really quick," I said and rubbed his back.

Clay and Vincent both followed me into the kitchen and Zak sat at the table. Zak looked really upset and embarrassed as Clay kept looking at him.

I started to make another peanut butter and jelly one for him today and brought over the bottled water.

"We should probably go sit in the living room and not stare at him," Vincent said.

They both go sit back down and Zak holds back tears as he eats his usual half of a sandwich. He is taking long drinks of water inbetween each bite. I hold one of his hands and squeeze it tight.

"Let's go for a half of this next half," I said.

"Darryl I don't know if I can," He said with tears.

"I know it's really scary. Let's try it though. I believe in you," I said.

Zak ate a quarter of the next half and then he quickly sat it down and almost cried in his hands. I kept whispering to him and kissing him that everything was okay.

After a bit, he calms down and we all go and sit at the coffee table to play cards. We played one round of the game and Vincent won. Zak seemed upset and not in the mood to play the whole time.

"Before we start the next round, I have to use the bathroom real quick," Zak said and bolted to the bathroom.

It took me a minute to realize he was purging.

I quickly got up and called for Zak to come back out. I was too late though, but I kept calling. Suddenly, he screams.

He comes out of the room and looks like he is about to fall over.

"My chest... hurts. I can't breathe," Zak said and began to cry.

Zak looked very out of it and like he was going to faint.

"Your chest is hurting?"

"It feels like a big pressure and I feel really dizzy," He says and then suddenly starts leaning back. I quickly grab his arms to hold him up.

"Call an... call an ambulance," Zak said faintly as he was hyperventilating.

Zak then seemed to lose consciousness in my arms.....
....
He was having a heart attack.