Wounds (also chapter 14)

Darryl's POV

It was hard to think about how I got here: beating up a man inside of an Ihop because I picked up a drunk French guy. We went to an Ihop and guess who showed up?

George.

I felt really guilty because I gave away Zak was here. He was hiding under the table  and I should've knew something would have been wrong like that. I thought he was just hiding under the table from embarrassment from his eating disorder.

How foolish of me.

It was harm to not blame myself for continuing to talk under the table and saying his name in a normal voice, or even for suggesting Ihop in the first place. Maybe I should have just taken the drunk French man home instead of offering a meal to help sober up.

Vincent needed us, but I felt selfish in wishing Zak never woke up from those messages and just continued sleeping. 

At first, I was able to beat up this monster without really taking a hit. I had a lot of adrenaline and anxiety keeping me fighting him. The anger burned deep in me and I beat him thinking of how he beat Zak.

I'm not a fighter though.

George eventually got me and I couldn't fight like before. Instead, he was beating me up and making me bleed and scream.

He kept laughing as he punched me.

I was so hurt I couldn't move or fight like before. He reached out his phone and I heard a snap and saw a light.

"You're such a loyal dog," George said and giggled.

"I'm not a dog," I said with a wince.

"Zak would say otherwise. Do you really believe that shit about me abusing him?" He laughs, "It's time to make you hurt some more."

George goes to punch me again, when suddenly Vincent comes up and pulls him off of me.

George pushes him and he knocks over onto the ground and Vincent starts kicking him as he layed there and he leaned over to punch him. Vincent kicked his sides and his ribs as George began to cry.

"You're a monster! You're getting what you deserved!!" Vincent yelled at him.

George kept whimpering and crying as Vincent landed punches and kicked his entire body.

George started to try to get up and tried to grab at Vincent. Vincent stomped onto his hands and pulled his hair.

George cried harder and begged the French man to stop.

"Stop!!!!" He cried.

"You didn't stop with Zak," Vincent said with a growl.

George tries to move again and Vincent violently slams him against the floor and knocks George out.

Vincent turns to me. He is sweating and breathing heavily. He has a black eye from the few times George was able to punch him.

He walks over to me and lifts me up and helps me stand. I groan as my whole body hurts, but I smile as I see George on the ground. I give him a weak kick.

I look around the restaurant and realize the boy George came with is no longer there.

"Hey, where's that kid that was with George gone?" I asked.

Vincent widens his eyes when he realizes what he thinks is going on.

Zak.

Oh god, Zak.

We hurry out the door.

Zak's POV

It was time to finish what I had started.