Chapter 2: Xeno's Return

Xeno was in the shower. After a long time of... not having a shower, he needed one. Jinx and Lion were talking.

Lion: Very good job out there.
Jinx: Thank you. Any cases on where Artemis is?
Lion: Not yet, but-

They were interrupted when a certain someone threw open the door. They were wearing a brown jacket with a gray shirt underneath.

Xeno: Heyo!
Lion: ...Xeno. Good to see you again.
Xeno: Shut up. I know you missed me. So... Artemis is missing, huh?
Lion: I'm afraid so. We have no idea where she is located. No tracker, no nothing.

Xeno looked down to the ground. He sighed.

Xeno: Wait... we did work for Phoenix. Maybe... maybe that old Lakehouse could have info on her!
Lion: She was last seen in 2017. There's no way we'll have her current info. Besides, that place is abandoned.
Xeno: ...it's worth a shot, something MAY be there.
Lion: ...If you insist. Xeno, I really hope you don't mind, but-
Xeno: Yeah, I'll go do it. Give Jinx a break.
Lion: Alright. Glad to see you back out in the field.
Xeno: You're dang right you are. Now... let's get to work.

Xeno walked away, grabbing his Raven, and reloading it, ready for his new mission. Jinx and Maverick confronting him.

Jinx: Are you sure you want to go back out? You were just freed from Wargate.
Xeno: Trust me, I need some more action right about now. It'll prove if I'm getting rusty or not.
Maverick: At least let one of us come!
Xeno: No need. I'm a professional.
Jinx: ...Well, stay safe.
Xeno: It's an abandoned Lakehouse, what's the worst that'll happen?

Robin was standing in the doorway. She was holding the keys to her helicopter.

Robin: We ain't got all day.
Xeno: Yeah, I know, you're impatient.
Robin: Hey, that's mea-
Xeno: I'm joking.

He punches Robin's arm in a playful manner.

Xeno: I'm ready to go airborne.
Robin: Then what are you waiting for? Let's go.

Xeno walked to the helicopter and got into the passenger seat of the helicopter. He waved to Jinx and Maverick. He would have radio contact with them. The helicopter zoomed off... it was time to find Artemis.

The helicopter was flying over the mountain. While driving, Robin was eating a cookie she took for the road. Xeno looked over, keeping his arms crossed. They would soon arrive. Robin landed and would wait at the entrance. Xeno stepped out of the helicopter.

Xeno: I really hope no one's here. Wish me luck.
Robin: Good luck bro.

He ran over and hopped over the fence, and he saw the Lakehouse. Graffitied, vines all over, it was kind of a shame to see the place where they kept info ruined. He shook his head, and ran inside. Inside there was a big metal door, and that door was knocked down. It lead to a basement, where the servers used to be stored, it held Phoenix info. He looked around for a bit, before noticing a file laying on the table. Unscathed, no damages. It was labeled as "Fireteam" on the front. He opened it up, and saw four pieces of paper, all of them having info of Xeno, Artemis, Jinx, and Maverick. Xeno looked at his. He was labeled as MIA. He then looked at Artemis', who was also labeled as MIA. He sighed. He looked further down the paper and found a note. It was fairly recent too.

Xeno: What the?

It was labeled that Artemis had been seen. No specific location was given... and the handwriting seemed familiar... Where had he seen it before? He shook his head, and he grabbed the whole file, keeping it in his jacket. He ran out, climbing over the fence once more. He looked at Robin, waving. She waved back, but then looked shocked.

Robin: Get in the helicopter, NOW!

Xeno questioned it, but soon found a bullet near his foot. He looked up at the sky. Another helicopter.

SC Guard 1: Dang it, Charles! You can't keep missin' your shots!
SG Guard 2: It ain't my fault I got a lousy aim!
SC Guard 1: Ugh, just get him!

Xeno gasped, and ran for the helicopter. He stood in the back, and they took off quickly. Robin turned around, and they were being followed.

Robin: Care to explain?
Xeno: They must've found out I escaped.

He pulled out his Raven, aiming at the pilot within the Steel Cove Helicopter.

Xeno: Keep her steady, Robin.
Robin: Got it, I'll try my best.
Xeno: Hey Steel Cove! You messed with the wrong organization.

Xeno open fired, shooting at the pilot in the helicopter. He missed a couple of times before taking the pilot down. The co pilot panicked.

SC Guard 2: RANDY! NOOOO!! Oh god, how do I fly this thing?! Oh god, I never should've applied for th-

The helicopter went down. One more remained. The co pilot in the second helicopter began shooting at Xeno. Bullets came faster than Xeno could predict, and one bullet hit Xeno in the arm. He yells out in pain, before steadying his aim. One shot was all it took. The pilot was down. The co-pilot tried to take control, but failed. The second helicopter was down. Xeno stumbled back, hitting the floor and grabbing his wound. It was stinging.

Xeno: Ah, shit... it stings....  Robin, they're off of us... can you speed it up...?
Robin: Why the rush?
Xeno: I WAS SHOT, YOU MORON!
Robin: Okay, okay, I get it, I'll go as fast at this baby can go. Try not to fall unconscious.
Xeno: Yeah, yeah...

A few minutes later, they landed. Robin escorted Xeno inside and they took him to the medical wing of the facility.

Lark: Ooh, that must've been a good shot. No worries, you're dealing with the best doctor in all of Onyx.
Xeno: Thanks, Lark. I don't know what I would do without you.
Lark: You'd be dead without me.
Xeno: Haha.

They did what they had to do. It was tied up, and was told to rest his arm for a day. Xeno was surprised. Usually bullet wounds don't heal in a day, but it didn't matter. He asked Lion to have everyone group up. Jinx and Maverick called him out.

Jinx: I hope it was worth getting shot!
Maverick: You got shot?! Wow, you're getting rusty.
Xeno: Shut up, man. I actually got something out of this.

He slid the file out of his jacket. He then spread it across the table. After they read it, they look at each other.

Maverick: Maybe Jackdaw knows something?
Xeno: It's worth a try. The doc says I need to rest, so we'll leave in the morning.
Jinx: Well, thank you for doing that Xeno. Glad you suggested this.
Xeno: It's what I do.

Xeno walked to the couch and tried to fall asleep. Jinx and Maverick went to their rooms, and Robin? She went out and got something to eat. Lion was looking at a monitor, showing Artemis. He sighs.

Lion: Where can you be?

Meanwhile... a familiar scene takes place. A house that used to belong to Halcyon. It... seemed to be in use. Artemis was seen running into the basement, and into a heavy containment room. She took deep breaths, but that shadowy figure walked into the room.

???: Why didn't you tell me your friends made a new organization?!
Artemis: I didn't know they did, I-I swear!

The figure hits them across the face with their gun. Artemis held her nose. It began to bleed.

???: I want info, and you're gonna provide. If you refuse, I'll beat you to a pulp. Am. I. clear?

Artemis' breath cuts for a bit, before she gulped, nodding.

???: Good, very good. Your interrogation begins tomorrow. No funny business.

The figure closed the door and walked up the stairs. Artemis looked around for what she had in this room. It wasn't much, but it does look like she has enough for a distress call...

Artemis: ...Perfect.