Epilogue

They all ran out the front door, the operatives still firing at them. Lion pulled out a device, pressing the button on it.

KABOOM!!!

An explosion erupted behind them... They all stumbled forward. Sparrow landed in front of them. Xeno turned around, his gun ready in case anyone tried to shoot at Artemis again. As they all hopped in, the building began to fall. Most of the crew started cheering.

Robin: There is NO way they're recovering from that!

This caused multiple news reporters in Arizona to share the news of the explosion.

News Reporter: We have reports that there was an unexplained explosion in Northern Arizona today... we don't have any reports, but it does not seem that it was nuclear. We advise getting into any sort of shelter, preferably the lowest level. Lock all doors and windows until an all-clear is given. We'll give you updates on this dangerous situation when we got more info...

With that out of the way... all that remained was Crusader. They went to his house, where he had been staying during the assault. They landed... which meant it was time.

The door was slammed open by Xeno. Crusader turned around as Xeno pulled his gun out. Crusader retaliated and did the same. They gave each other a death glare.

Crusader: Couldn't just stop with Halcyon, could you? You had to ruin everything ALL OVER AGAIN!
Xeno: You tried to kill us! You think we were just gonna stand there?
Crusader: ...This all could've been avoided. You should've stayed with Halcyon.
Xeno: HALCYON TRIED TO KILL US, GOD DAMN IT!
Crusader: WELL, IT WAS PROBABLY FOR A GOOD REASON THEN!

Xeno looked shocked for a few seconds. Crusader didn't stop, instead, he aimed down his sights.

Crusader: You made a mistake coming here, now, I suggest leaving before things get ug-

Xeno ran up and punched Crusader with his gun. He kicked him to the ground, punching him across the face more and more. Crusader's forehead and nose began to bleed, as he kicked Xeno in the stomach. He released his grip as Crusader hit him in the face, he stumbled back, breaking a table. Xeno quickly got up, kicking Crusader in the stomach... he fell to the floor, and Xeno kept him pinned. He then raised his gun to his face.

Crusader: W-we can talk this out!
Xeno: ...you should've said that the first time.

BANG! The shot hit as Xeno stepped back, tears forming in his eyes. He dropped the gun, and fell to his knees. He punched the floor. Life was escaping Crusader's life, as his head tilted... he was dead.

Xeno: GOD... GOD DAMN IT! YOU JUST HAD TO STAY WITH HALCYON! T-THIS COULD'VE BEEN AVOIDED! YOU... y-you...

He put his hands to his face, continuing to sob. He had just killed his best friend... they won the shadow war... but at what cost? Everyone walked over, trying to comfort Xeno, but the tears continued to fall.

Jinx: You did what you had to do...
Artemis: I'm so sorry...
Maverick: He tried to kill us, I don't know why you're sad.

Xeno turned around, tears still dripping from his eyes.

Xeno: I just killed my best friend! We did... everything together. We... we...

He sighed, turning back to his dead body. He wiped his tears but they continued to fall. He continued to punch the floor.

Xeno: I'm so sorry it... it had to come to this... I... I'm a monster... I-

Jackdaw walked up and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Jackdaw: Kid... it's okay.

Xeno turned to face Jackdaw, who didn't looked phased. He then smiled.

Jackdaw: He's in a better place now.

THE END