Chapter 1: Back to the Blacksite

Jinx was chilling in the resting quarters with Maverick. She sipped her water, before getting called down by Lion. She sighed, going to meet with him.

Lion: Jinx. Good to see you.
Jinx: Likewise.
Lion: I think you know why I called you here.
Jinx: A new mission? After all this time?
Lion: Yeah. We... found him.
Jinx: ...you mean?
Lion: He both knew he never was a quitter. You remember that one place? Where that one freelancer freed Rachel Thorne? Back in 2012?
Jinx: ...don't tell me he's there.
Lion: ...
Jinx: ...oh god damn it.
Lion: I'm sorry. We need him back. I can get Robin to take you in quietly.
Jinx: ...yeah, sounds like a plan.

Jinx was not very pleased with this mission. But... she had to save her friend. After they helped Phoenix with Black Dusk, two of her friends were taken away. They didn't know where. They had found one, and it was time to free him. She slammed the door open, and Maverick looked at him.

Jinx: Damn it!
Maverick: Uh oh, someone's pissed.
Jinx: I have to go back to that shitty prison-
Maverick: Government facility.
Jinx: Whatever! It's that base, and Xeno is locked up there.
Maverick: Wait... you mean we found him?!
Jinx: Yeah... and I have to go do a stealth routine to break him out... it's not gonna be fun.
Maverick: Just blend in, you'll be fine.
Jinx: Yeah. I hope.

Robin whistled, spinning her keys on her index finger.

Robin: Ready to get this show on the road?
Jinx: Yeah, I think so.

A couple of minutes passed as Jinx broads the helicopter, keeping her gun closed to her. She looked at Maverick, who was waving goodbye. She waved back, and the helicopter took flight.

The helicopter flew above the base, as Jinx slid down the rope provided.

Robin: I'll be waiting at the entrance, don't mess this up.
Jinx: Don't worry, you've seen me in action.

First order of business was to get a disguise. Luckily, some guard was stupid enough to get whacked across the head with a gun. Jinx took the disguise, and took the keycard. Next, in order to get her friend out, she needed a code, but she couldn't get the blast door open. Well, how was she gonna get a code for a prison transfer now? She looked around and found a staircase, and found the cell block. Perfect! She knocked out every guard and the camera operator, and pressed random cells to open them. All doors open... and Cell B had a specific someone. A redhead, short hair. Jinx ran into that room. He looked up.

???: Just who are you supposed to be- wait, Jinx?!
Jinx: Long time no see.
???: Please tell me you came to free me.
Jinx: Yes I did, c'mon, let's go.
She gave the operative his old Raven. All black with a suppressor. He smirked.
???: Took you all long enough to find me.

He walked out of his cell, walking up to the control room.

???: Tell me, what's the plan? I don't hear any alarms, so that's good.
Jinx: We're doing a prison transfer. We get a code, and walk right out the back door with all the crates.
???: Alright. Sure, sounds like it will work. I wish it involved a bit more... guns. I haven't had action in awhile.
Jinx: Next time, Xeno. I promise.
Xeno: You better. Now, let me get that blast door open for ya. The commander here most likely has the code.

Xeno unlocked the blast door, and Jinx walked around. She sighed. Everyone here wore the same thing! How was she supposed to know who was the commander?

Xeno: What seems to be the problem?
Jinx: Everyone here looks exactly the same. It's like finding a needle in a haystack.
Xeno: ...For starters, he wears a black beret. It shouldn't be that hard to locate him, second of all, aren't you a professional?
Jinx: Yeah, yeah, let's just get this over with.

Jinx, after awhile of searching, finally found the commander, and she pointed her gun at him. He surrendered, and she brought him to the weapon supply room.

Jinx: Alright, let's do this the easy way. I need a code, so give it.
Commander: Okay, okay!

He gave up the code. Jinx smirked.

Jinx: Thank you for complying with me.

Jinx whacked him across the head. The impact was hard enough to make them fall unconscious.

Jinx: Alright. We should be good for takeoff. We just need to sneak out through that room.
Xeno: sigh Well, it seems like I won't be getting shot at today.
Jinx: Isn't that a good thing?
Xeno: Not when your last mission was blowing up a bunker.

They snuck through the restricted area with ease. Someone almost caught them, but Xeno took them out with a quick shot. Once they got to the crate room, they opened up the door, with Robin waiting there. She looked over, smirking.

Robin: Long time no see, Xeno.
Xeno: Right back at cha. Let's get this show on the road.
Robin: ...this is a helicopter.
Xeno: I know, let's just go.

Jinx hopped into the back, and the helicopter took off. Xeno was back in action, and to say the least, Robin and Jinx were happy.

Xeno: So... anything I miss?
Jinx: Not really. No big plans have been coordinated, so we've just been chilling.
Xeno: How's the rest of the squad?
Jinx: Maverick is fine, but... we still don't know where Artemis is.
Xeno: ...well, that proves some difficulty.
Jinx: Ya don't say.

The helicopter continued to soar through the sky, going back to Onyx's base of operations...

They landed, as Xeno hopped off, looking at Jinx.

Xeno: Hey, you guys still have my room, right?
Jinx: Of course.
Xeno: Good. I'm gonna go shower, haven't had one of those in a long time.
Jinx: ...but, doesn't that place offer-
Xeno: They could've, but they didn't. I kept clean with a shampoo bottle they gave me.
Jinx: Yeesh.
Xeno: I know. I'll be right back.

Jinx watched as Xeno walked inside, his arms in his pockets.

Robin: So, now all that remains is to find Artemis.
Jinx: Yeah, I hope it'll be easy to find her, and that she's okay.

Jinx sighed. Robin put a hand on her shoulder.

Robin: What you need right now is a cookie. C'mon, I'll show you my secret stash.

Jinx smiled a bit as the two went inside. Xeno was rescued, so it was relieving to know that he was okay.
Now, it was time to find Artemis.