Chapter 8: A Yacht?

A month has passed since the Marabou Ambush. Since then, not much has happened. The gang just tried their best to relax. Xeno was in the resting quarters, getting himself some coffee, when Lion came up to him. He took a sip and looked at him.

Xeno: G'morning.
Lion: Hey. We got some news for you. Everyone's gathered up, come with me.
Xeno: Alright... yawn...

He followed Lion to meet up with his crew, still sipping his coffee. The big screen showed a yacht this time. It looked like it costed a fortune.

Jackdaw: We checked and we can confirm this is definitely one... and we only hope one, of Marabou's ships.
Maverick: How can you tell?
Jackdaw: We saw some operatives on board. They often use it, and we sure as hell knows something's going on there.
Artemis: So, you want us to infiltrate it?
Lion: Precisely. You'll skydive in and after that, you're on your own.
Jinx: Sounds fun.
Jackdaw: Well, gear up. You're leaving in a few hours.
Artemis: Yes sir!

They were all dismissed. Xeno finished his coffee and put it to the sink.

Xeno: So, a yacht, huh?
Robin: Yeah, sounds like a fun mission.
Jinx: Hey, we're goin' in for intel, not for a family night out.
Robin: Awww... well, I wish you all good luck. I'm going to the shooting range.
Maverick: Mmhm.

A few hours, they got in Sparrow's helicopter. They took off. Conversation soon sprung up.

Xeno: What do you think we are gonna discover?
Sparrow: I say you're gonna find out some personal stuff! Maybe some operations they did!
Jinx: I bet we're gonna find all their plans.
Artemis: Maybe their HQ?
Xeno: Whether it be, it'll be helpful for us taking them out.

3 hours later... the helicopter flew above the yacht. They all jumped out and deployed their parachutes. They landed on the helipad and the earpiece kicked in.

Lion: Hello? Did you miss the landing?
Xeno: No, we're fine.
Lion: Alright, good. You're gonna want to head inside the boat.
Jinx: No duh. Let's go team.

With some clever sneaking, they got to the entrance. Two operatives were guarding the entrance.

Marabou Operative: Keep your eye out. We can't have anyone getting in unless they're operatives of OUR organization. It's vital we listen to The Director's order. Got that, Killjoy?
Killjoy: Yeah, I'm not a moron-

Killjoy got whacked across the head. Before the operative could be even question it, he was bonked on the head too. Xeno and Artemis put on the disguises, and they both walked in.

Xeno: Woaaaah-
Jackdaw: It's a yacht, I know. Get the mission done.

The two continued to look around the ship. They soon found a metal door.

Artemis: Hmm... it seems too hard to explode. We'll have to find a code.
Lion: Search around for it, c'mon. We don't have all day.

The two searched around, but couldn't find any files! It meant only one thing... they'll have to interrogate people.

Artemis: I'll go for the camera man. You go look elsewhere.
Xeno: Mmhm.

The two went their ways. Outside, Jinx was leaning against a wall.

Jinx: What's taking them so long?
???: Hey! Who's over there?

Jinx got startled. An operative heard her and came to investigate. The operative found nothing and soon got on the radio.

Marabou Operative 2: Yeah, I heard some noise. I think-

Kaclick! Jinx's gun was cocked and the operative put their hands in the air.

Radio Operator: Hello? What's going on?
Jinx: Yeah. The noise was just some bird. False alarm.
Radio Operator: ...you mistaken a serious thing... for a bird?
Jinx: I got scared, okay?!
Radio Operator: Alright, alright. Take it easy.

They hung up and Xeno walked up.

Xeno: Hey! Perfect timing!
Jinx: Huh?
Xeno: Tell me. Do you have the code for the door downstairs?
Marabou Operative 2: I'm not telling you Onyx scum anything!

Xeno aimed the gun at the operative. A serious face appeared.

Xeno: Don't pull any funny business with me.

The operative was silent for a few seconds, before sighing.

Marabou Operative 2: I don't know anything.
Xeno: It's a damn shame. Jinx!

Jinx whacked her gun against the operative. They hit the ground, and Jinx got into her disguise. A transmission came in.

Artemis: I got the code! It's 4791!
Xeno: Excellent work! Let's go.

The three went off into the basement... on the other side of the ship, Maverick had his arms crossed. No disguise yet. Artemis walked to him and handed his disguise.

Artemis: You are welcome.
Maverick: I was about to say thanks, sheesh.

He put on his disguise and they all walked to the door. With the code put in... it opened. It revealed to be... some sort of lab. They all looked surprised. Some operatives were there but they were easy work. They found a computer with a USB in it.

Xeno: Looks like someone was already on this... oh well.

He started going through the computer. A lot of info came up... info on their HQ. Info on some important operatives... and... info on them?

Xeno: Of course he has info on us! We're their most wanted.
Lion: Hmmm... take that USB. We need the info.
Jinx: Got it.

They exported the files to the USB, and, well, took it. Everything was going to plan... until...

Jackdaw: Hold up... more operatives just arrived on board.
Xeno: What?! Ugh! They'll hear us escaping!
Lion: That's why you're going to take them all out.
Maverick: Awesome!

The next 30 minutes was dedicated to taking down the rest of the operatives on the boat. Some tried to fight back, but failed. They were ready for extraction.

Robin: Yo, you got what we need?
Xeno: Mmhm. Let's go.

They all got in and left the yacht. The mission was accomplished.

Meanwhile, back at Marabou's HQ...

Crusader: God DAMN IT! Everyone on that yacht was taken out! Onyx is seriously testing my patience here... but no matter... we'll retaliate... and rise better than ever! Everyone! You all need to train... something big is going to happen...

While on the ride home, Xeno looked out to see the horizon. He smirked.

Xeno: This Shadow War is gonna be over soon...

He chucked a bit.

Xeno: I can't wait to see the look on his face.