Chapter 5: The Transaction

They arrived in the meeting room. A huge screen was displaying a bank.

Maverick: Cool bank.
Lion: Indeed. This is the First National Bank. We've done some tracing and...
Jackdaw: Marabou is storing their money there. Long story short, you three are gonna go in there, and steal their money. It'll be just like those hits in Cincinnati and San Francisco. Amazing performances, by the way.
Jinx: Hey, thanks.

Lion looked at the group, hands behind his back.

Lion: If things go south, we have a Plan B. You take the money, and you'll have to carry it while waiting for the pickup. I suggest bringing some backup gear.
Maverick: Say no more. We got this.
Lion: ...I hope you do.

The gang walked back to the resting quarters. Xeno looked at Jinx.

Xeno: Just like old times.
Jinx: Yeah. Just like old times.
Maverick: It's like Halcyon all over again. We'll burn them to ground!

Lark walked to everyone.

Lark: Artemis has requested to see you all before you head out.

They followed Lark and looked at Artemis. She still seemed to be under anesthesia, but she was more into reality...

Artemis: Oh good! You're all here. I just wanted to have one more talk before you all went out. Y'know?
Xeno: Yeah, so, what do you want to talk about?
Artemis: You're gonna hit the First National Bank, from what I heard. It's not gonna be an easy cakewalk. Security is... well, tight, but that shouldn't be too hard for you all, yeah?
Jinx: Course not, we're professionals. Get that in your head.

They all laughed. Sparrow walked in. She wasn't requested or anything, she just wanted to check in.

Sparrow: Heya, bud.
Artemis: Sparrow! Good to see you.
Sparrow: Likewise. How's Lark treating you?
Artemis: Oh, he's treating me just fine!
Sparrow: If he does anything stupid, I'll beat him up for you.
Artemis: It won't be necessary, but thank you.

They all laughed. Sparrow put a hand on Xeno's shoulder.

Sparrow: We're gonna take down Marabou for you. They're messing with the wrong people.
Xeno: Yeah. We promise.
Artemis: ...thank you.

She fell asleep again. Sparrow looked at Jinx.

Sparrow: Me and Robin are ready to go. Are you?
Maverick: Let us gear up, and we'll be there.

Sparrow nodded as she puts her shades on and left the room. The gang went to their armory, grabbing their weapons (and some backup gear in case things went south). They passed by Lion and Jackdaw one more time.

Jackdaw: Good luck out there, fellas.
Xeno: Thanks.

They walked to the helicopter. Robin was in the passenger seat, and everyone hopped in. She turned around.

Robin: Hello, and welcome to Le Air Sparrow and Robin! Feel free to kick back, relax for an hour, and go rob a bank!

They all chuckled. It felt good to be with everyone in one helicopter. They helicopter took off, and now it was time to... wait.

Xeno: We're robbing a bank after so long... I hope I'm not rusty.
Maverick: You'll do fine... we all will! If anything, you got me in case things go south.