Chapter 10: The Beginning of The End

Everyone looked out the window. Hundreds of Marabou soldiers were approaching in from the North.

Xeno: Shit... they got us surrounded.
Lion: We can't let them interfere. After all we got? It's too risky. You four need to go out and teach them a god damn lesson. Got it?!
Jinx: Yes, sir.

The operatives geared up, running out the front door. The operatives of Marabou started firing, and so did the Onyx operatives. A fight was brewing...

Xeno, and his gang hid behind cover, often peaking out to fire. Artemis in particular often poked out.

Artemis: You're not hurting any of my friends today!

Bang! Bang bang! A row fell, but more just kept on coming. This continued until the exit of their... driveway, per say. Snipers were on the roof, taking care of more people in the back. What were they gonna do?

Xeno: Oh god... what are we gonna do?!
Rodrigo: Leave it to me!

Rodrigo ran into the field, shooting at multiple operatives with a Sawblade, stabbing a few people too... but this lead to his demise. Multiple operatives shot at him, leaving his body to fall down to the floor...

Rodrigo: ...You can do this... win the Shadow War!

Those were his last words, as his eyes closed... Rodrigo was being stepped on as they marched forward.

Artemis: RODRIGO!!! NOOOO!!
Helen: Those bastards!

The shots continued to fire. Multiple Onyx operatives and Marabou operatives engaged in hand to hand combat, while others stayed back and tried to eliminate the backfolk.

Lion: We can't let them in! Keep holding the line!!

More snipers appeared and slowly took out the back row. Some began running away, but others continued to walk.

Maverick: C'mon, baby... don't fail me now!

He poked out and fired a grenade from his Thumper. Multiple operatives went flying, and died. They still kept on coming...

Jinx: Alright, open fire on my word... NOW!

The crew poked up and used their best guns, firing out on the incoming operatives. Most tried fighting back, but failed. A grenade soon came in.

Jackdaw: GRENADE!!

Everyone hurried from the spot, and jumped when it went off. They were all separated. This was an ongoing fight...

Multiple news reports were going off...

News Reporter: Breaking news! Unexplained gunfire is being heard in downtown Tempe! This is a dangerous situation, and we are issuing a severe shelter in place until an all clear is given! Do not go outside if you are in the city of Tempe, Arizona, or you may be at a real risk!
Crusader: Oh yes... it's all coming together splendidly.

Back at Onyx HQ... things were turning to say the least. Xeno and the group were firing back, finding new spots to shoot against. More operatives were falling by the second.

Jinx: Keep going, don't give up!

These firing would continue for a bit... until... a bullet went through Artemis' arm.

Artemis: OH, MOTHERFUCKER...!
Jinx: Man down, I repeat, man down!

Xeno ran into the crossfire, running to Artemis. He picked her up, and they ran back to the HQ. They quickly rushed to the medical wing.

Lark: Oh god... so many people...
Xeno: Please... heal her.
Lark: Okay... you all better win this fight!
Xeno: ...I intend on it.

He dashed out the door as Lark rushed to the surgery room. Xeno ran into the armory, and took off his Frontline armor, looking at the Aegis model. He put it on, and grabbed a face mask. He also grabbed a Sawblade, and stepped outside.

Lion: Xeno... you're an Aegis unit now. Show them why you don't mess with Onyx.
Xeno: Got it.

Maverick and Jinx were fighting off the next few... until Xeno ran in, firing at will. Multiple Operatives saw this and tried to run away, but either got shot by snipers, or by Xeno. Jinx and Maverick soon followed behind him, and then more operatives joined in. They were outrunning Marabou... until another Aegis unit got on site. The two stared each other down, and both started firing. Almost all of the bullets bounced off the armor.

Xeno: TAKE THIS!!

He rammed the Sawblade into the unit, and they stumbled back. Maverick, still there, threw a grenade. It soon blew up. The Aegis unit was almost out. Everyone went to attack it, some dying in the process. The Aegis unit was soon taken down. Multiple Marabou operatives fell back, if not dying. The last remaining few escaped. Xeno took off the Aegis mask, and smirked.

Xeno: Never... mess... with Onyx!

They all cheered. They soon went back to the HQ, and more security stepped up. They would make sure this wouldn't happen again.

Lion: I must say... I'm impressed. Really, I am!
Maverick: Thanks... so... what happens now?
Jackdaw: Rest. As soon as we got everything ready... Final Onslaught will begin.
Xeno: Crusader has it coming for him... one way or another, he's as good as dead.

The news came back on.

News Reporter: We have breaking news that the gunfire has ceased. We still do not know what happened. Was this a terrorist attack? An invasion? Could we be in danger? This is Madison Goodwell, signing off.

Crusader seemed to be ticked off now.

Crusader: God... DAMN IT! No matter what now, Onyx is going to destroy my organization...! I'm doomed...

He looked to the side, and slammed his fist on the table. A crack appeared on it.

Crusader: NO! I refuse to give up! They think they can destroy my family?! This is all I have left of Halcyon...

He went to his office, and made an announcement.

Crusader: Everyone, this is your director speaking. I want more defense from you all... because I think something big is coming. If you see any Onyx operatives snooping, kill them on the spot. GOT IT?! Good.

The announcement was ceased as Crusader looked to the wall. A photo of Xeno and him hung there, as he pulled out a suppressed gun and shot it down, cracking the glass and having it fall.

Crusader: Dirty traitor... I'll show you to mess with Marabou.

I'll show all of you...