Snatched, Locked, and Marked

As Charlie and I, mostly Charlie, were teaching Sarkany how to breath fire, we were also listening to Potter Watch. It was basically a radio station for those who were against the Dark Lord.

"Woah! Sarkany! Don't aim for us!" I yelled, as Sarkany was charging his fire.

After a couple of days of blindly teaching him, we finally got Finn to demonstrate to fire breathing. On a clear cool day, I decided to break the wand again, knowing that that was the reason me being here. I just got a tad bit side tracked. I told Charlie I was going for a walk in the forest. Grabbing the radio, my wand, and 'His' wand, I walked as far as I could from the cottage.

I turned the station to Potter Watch and said the password: Phoenix. The password changes every session to assure safety to the listeners and the hosts. They were talking about the usual things. It was heavy to listen to some parts because there is a section where they list the people who are missing. Charlie told me he always listens carefully so he doesn't hear any of his siblings' names. But today Lee said, "Listeners, this brings us to the end of another Potter Watch. We do not know when it will be possible to broadcast again, but you can be sure we shall be back! Keep bringing the dials! The next password is going to be 'Mad-Eye'. Keep each other safe! Goodnight!"

I stopped as I was going to do the first spell to the wand. The last broadcast? I thought back and it's been a week and a half... I thought he was going to come by at the third week? We'll just have to wait and see.

I pointed my wand to the other wand and casted, "Reducto!" There was a big explosion, but as usual it was the same healthy wand. I sighed and reached into my bag for a useful spell. But as I was reading, I was thinking about the last time I attempted to destroy it and how I used my Patronus to surround the dark magic on it.

I put the spell book down and thought about my first kiss with George. "Expecto Patronum!" Again, the gorgeous hawk flew out of my wand I pointed to the wand. It cawed and surrounded the wand.

"Okay, I'm going to do another spell, but I want you to stay on the wand," I told my Patronus. Again I casted Reducto and when it reached the wand, I heard a snap. I thanked the hawk and it faded away. I ran to the wand, in hopes of succeeding, but when the smoke cleared away, I saw the wand floating up in the air, getting ready to fire spells.

In shock, I casted Protego when it casted some spell, and I started to run. I looked back while I was running and saw green sparks coming towards me. Stopping halfway in my run, I jumped to the left and the green sparks hit the ground.

"Bloody hell..." I stopped running and climbed the closest tree. I was almost to the top and peeked from the branches and leaves. I saw the white deformed wand just laying on the grass, lifeless. I sighed in relief and jumped down the tree. When I was close to it, I casted my Patronus and when it surrounded it then faded, that's when I grabbed it. I tried to bend it, but it was still healthy.

"I swear... this wand will never break. I'm not even sure why I still have this thing," I told myself. "Maybe I should just dig a hole, drop it and never hear from it again. I mean, most probably the Dark Lord has a new and better wand then this weak thing." I sighed and gave up for today, and besides, it was already sun down and I was getting pretty hungry.

I checked the time on my watch, 6:42PM. I yawned, put my wand back and went for dinner. I was quiet as usual. I missed the twins cracking their random jokes, but I just miss them just being there.

Days past, and Sarkany became a pro at fire breathing. Sometimes it would get out of hand, but in the end, it looked brilliant. Two weeks and a half past and I was getting worried. I know that he said in three weeks, but with this stupid war going on, you can never be too careful.