𐃘 eight. -ᬼ

After washing the bowls, you proceeded to go to sleep. You could feel the drowsiness slowly put you into a lullaby, once you closed your eyes you immediately fell into a slumber.

Moments passed before you could hear a faint voice talking to you.

"Ah, it seems we meet once again." You fluttered your eyes open, the sudden change in lightning hurt your eyes but you managed to adjust to it in seconds. Once you regained your vision, you soon saw Nagito again.

"Nagito... can we talk about what happened last time?" You slowly got up and followed him over to a bench. You could see he was troubled with the fact of you being there, he had been so quiet the entire time that you were started to become worried. "Nagito, are you okay..?" He slowly turned his head over to you and stared at you, he seemed to be thinking about something before snapping out of it and dismissively waving a hand in front of him.

"Yeah, anyways what did you want to talk about?" You felt yourself become nervous, after what he had told you last time you were scared to confront him. He had acted like he hated you and yet, he's talking to you just fine right now. "You do remember what happened before, right? Last time we were here, you remember?" He slightly laughed before answering you. "Of course, I don't recall ever having amnesia."

"Okay I'm not sugarcoating it, why did you say what you said last time. Did something happen to you? Did I do something wrong? Is there something I don't know? Nagito, please.. tell me. I'm here for you. I don't want you to suffer anything alone, I promise telling someone else what's wrong will help so much!" You were looking at him the whole time, yet you didn't notice when he hung his head low. You had let out a breathe you didn't know you had in.

"No."

You tried to look him in the eyes, but his hair was covering them. "Wait.. what?"

"I said no." He looked up to you with a stern face, you weren't able to read his eyes. He had a blank face, you could tell there was a hint of annoyance in his voice, accompanied by anger. "I'm sorry, just because we're sharing dreams, that doesn't mean you can suddenly expect me to open up to you. I barely know you, and yet you're asking me to just tell you all my problems? I already made the mistake to tell you about myself, I'm not making another stupid mistake."

You were in disbelief, you felt hurt but you didn't exactly know why. It was confusing to you, it hurt like someone had grabbed your heart and thrown it so hard onto the ground. Slowly, your eyes had started to become blurry. You thought you were going to wake up but after you felt something wet roll down your cheek, you realized you were crying, you quickly attempted to hide the fact you were crying so Nagito wouldn't notice. You were more focused on hiding your eyes than what Nagito was doing, you didn't know but he was staring at you the whole time.

After a few minutes, Nagito let out a small sigh and put his hand on your back, you slightly jumped at the action, since you clearly weren't expecting any physical contact but before you knew it, he had given you a small hug. He didn't pull away, he just kept you in his embrace, as if he was hiding you away from the rest of the imaginary world..

You could feel more tears threaten to fall, this time you didn't attempt to hold them back, you just melted into the hug while crying. The tears weren't from the small event that happened earlier, they were tears that you had held back for many, many years. They were the tears you hid from everyone else, they were the tears that you didn't have a chance to cry with anybody. The more you wanted to stop, the more you continued to cry, it was like a rainy day, no matter how much you wished for the rain to go away, it would continue. As if your opinion didn't matter because no matter what, the rain will continue to pour down.