CHAPTER 17

The moon in the dark sky, is like hope in sorrow. You wanna just hang on to that hope and never let go, as it gives you a motive to continue. And the moon also doesn't dissappoint us, it keeps following us where ever we go.

Right now, Ruhee was disappointed with something, and that, was her mobile. It died on her when she needed it the most.

"I understand that I have treated you very ill at times, left you without touching for hours, fed you only once a day, and I need to by you new clothes and all but now, was not the time for revenge." she said staring at her mobile.

Ruhee had no idea were she was. With confidence, she had told Aayan that she would find the grocery store by herself. She signed.

Ruhee had left the house at 4:30pm and went to her left to find the grocery store. She walked and walked and walked. Took turns on unknown roads and streets. Turned back on the streets that had too many stray dogs. And kept on going.

She forgot she was out to go to the grocery store and was just looking around. She then saw a kid eating candy.

Even I want candy. No problem, I'll get it from the store.

And she halted in her steps realising her reason to be out first. She then looked around, to have no idea were she was. She thought to ask someone but she was scared. She took her mobile to see it was 5:22pm and her mobile was about to give up. She opened her text box and texted the first person on the list, and her mobile died.

Hopefully, he finds me.

It was 6:00pm now, and there was no sign of anyone who looked like Aayan. She signed and looked at the sky to see it now orange.

It's gonna be dark soon.

She kicked a pebble and walked forward. Her mind wandering.

Maybe he thought this was the best chance to get rid of me? But Ammi wouldn't let that happen.

She smiled at how much the mother-son duo loved each other. Even though Aayan can be a jerk to her, he loved his mother alot, and she admired that about him.

Ruhee sensed someone following her. She stopped in her tracks and slowly turned around to find, no one. She signed and turned to continue walking. She thought staying at one place was dangerous, so she kept walking but in the same area.

Aayan could track my mobile to find me.

She could still sense someone following her, she could feel figures lurking behind her. She was scared but maintained her cool. She looked around, to still find people walking by, but not much.

They won't hurt me in light and people around.

Ruhee then turned a corner to an empty street, and by now, the sun had gone to sleep. She was now panicking on the inside. And when those figures looked a bit close to her, she ran. She ran for her life and the figures chased her. She ran as fast as she could, but it was hard in her Abaya.

I am not going to be caught without a chase.

She turned  a corner to run in to a wall, "Umf." The wall stretched its hands out to hold her from falling.

From when does a wall have hands?

She looked up to see an unknown man looking at her worried. She moved back from him, she looked back to see four goons standing, she backed from them. The guy came to stand in front of her and said, "Hello gentlemen, how may I help you?" Ruhee looked at the guy like he was crazy.

Can't he see they are goons? Why is he asking to help them?

"Hand over the girl." one of the goons said and Ruhee moved closer to the guys back. He looked at Ruhee and gave a charming smile. If not for the current situation, Ruhee would have swooned over that smile.