CHAPTER 49

If the sun rises in the morning, it should set in the evening. It is the rule of nature, which doesn't change.

Ruhee gives an excited stretch as she exits her college. Her friends smile at her behaviour, 'Happy that the models are done?' Afza asks her and she just nods with happiness, 'I am going to sleep the whole day tomorrow.' Ruhee says. They were walking towards the metro, when Jian asks Ruhee, 'Why did Aayan come to pick you up, yesterday?' 'Yeah, I also wanna know.' Aina adds, 'Me too.' followed by Afza. Ruhee looks at them and says, 'He wanted to apologize for yelling at me.' 'Oh.' They all say in unison. They enter the metro and wait for their train to arrive when Afza says, 'I think I am forgetting something important?' 'Did you forget any answer in the paper?' Aina asks, 'Forgot your lipstick in class?' Jian asks. Afza was sure a makeup freak, and she handled them like her babies. Afza denies all of it. They give up on suggestions as their train arrives, but Afza was still thinking.

Ruhee enters the house with happiness and relief. Sahma was sitting in the living room watching Television, 'Someone looks Happy.' she says to Ruhee. Ruhee hops her way to Sahma and slumps down next to her, 'Very, Ammi. My models are finally done.' Ruhee informs Sahma, 'Then maybe now you can get some sleep.' Sahma tells her, as she brushes her hair with care. Ruhee nods her head as she gets up, 'I'll go freshen up, then we can have lunch together.' Ruhee says to which Sahma nods.

Ruhee walks upstairs and into the room. She removes her Abaya and hangs it up, and places her bag in the closet. She freshens up and walks down for lunch. Sahma had already set the table while she was gone. They sit down and begin eating, 'What did you do all day, Ammi?' Ruhee asks her as she begins eating, 'Nothing much, dear, rhe usual. Breakfast, Quran, television, bossing the maid.' Sahma says and Ruhee smiles at her, 'My exam was done well, Ammi.' she says, 'I am sure you did well, you studied all night. Must have been a hard subject.' Sahma says, 'Kind of hard, but it's fun. As long as you love what you learn, no matter how hard it is, you'll do it and do it well. Right, Ammi?' Ruhee says, Sahma gives Ruhee a proud smile and says, 'I don't have a daughter, but if I did, I would want her to be just like you.' Ruhee smiles at her and says, 'Oh Ammi, I am your daughter.' Ruhee places her left hand over Sahma's left hand. Sahma smiles at her and they continue eating.

Sahma had gone in her room to lay down for a bit. Ruhee stayed out watching television. At some point while watching television, Ruhee fell asleep. Ruhee turns over and snuggles into the duvet. She loves the feel of the of the comfortable mattress and the soft duvet, and donnot forget the fluffy pillow. She just loves it. Suddenly, Ruhee opens her eyes. She sits up and looks around to find herself in the room, and on the bed.

How did I get here?

Ruhee looks at the time to see its near 8pm. She quickly gets off bed and walks down stairs. She sees Aayan sitting in the living room typing on his laptop and Sahma in the kitchen, setting the table. She quickly walks over to Sahma to see all the food on the table, 'Ammi, did you cook?' Ruhee asks her, worried. Sahma looks at her and smiles, 'No, dear. This is all take out. You were sleeping so peacefully, we didn't wanna disturb you.' Ruhee nods her head in a daze, 'Ammi, How did I end up in the room?' Ruhee asks her, 'Oh, Aayan carried you up to the room.' Sahma says, and Ruhee's eyes go wide, 'He.. Uh, ummm.. Me.. Up!' Ruhee stutters, and Sahma nods her head, controlling her smile.

Ruhee turns around and looks at Aayan, to see him having a mischievous smile on his face as he types away in his laptop. Ruhee sucks her lips in and walks fastly upstairs, into the room, as her face heats up. She enters the room and rushes into the rest room, locking it. She splashes water on her burning face. She looks at the mirror, and at her embarrassed self.

He carried me and tucked me in bed!!!!!?
Oh God!!!

Ruhee walks out the closet to see Aayan in the room picking up a file. Ruhee's face heats up instantly. She closes the door behind her and slowly tries to walk out the door. She opens the door and is almost successfully out when, 'I guess you like snuggling into my chest alot. Not the first time though.' Aayan says, as he walks past her out the door. Ruhee froze in her spot, heat slowly creeping up her neck.