CHAPTER 74

The magic thing about home is that, it feels good to leave but it feels even better to come back.

'AAAHH.' Aayan got up frustrated from his chair as he yelled. Zubair barged through the door into Aayan's office and looked at him worried, 'You okay, bro?' He asked. Aayan looked at him frustrated, 'Nothing is okay. This..' he pointed at the pile of files on his desk and said, '....is not getting over at all. It's been a week since the market crashed and I have been coming to work early and going back late and both the times I see Ruhee asleep. I am losing my mind.' Zubair kinda understood what Aayan meant. He was married and the next moment, he had to go to work.

'Aayan, calm down. Take a seat and have some water.' Zubair said giving him a glass of water. Aayan sat down and took the glass from Zubair's hand and gulped it down. Aayan was literally fuming. Zubair leaned on the desk and began, 'I know it's too much for you now but we are almost done. This...' he pointed to the pile of files and said, '...is the last pile, I assure you.' Aayan placed his hand on his head massaging it. Zubair felt bad for his friend, 'You know what, you go home. I'll do the rest of the work.' Zubair said going for the files but Aayan placed his hand on the pile, 'No, I'll do it. You also have too much work on your shoulders, I am not gonna add more.' Aayan said picking up a file and reading it.

Zubair was about to protest when a knock was heard on the door, 'Come in.' Aayan said and Mason walked in, 'Sir, Mr.Mahir Ibrahim is here to see you.' Mason said and Aayan and Zubair turned to look at him at the same time. They then looked at each other and etched their brows. Mahir never visited Aayan's company. Aayan signed and spoke, 'I can't deal with his banter right now, please ask him to leave.' Aayan said and looked back at his file, 'I am not here to cause any fuss.' Aayan heard Mahir's voice say and he looked up. Mahir had walked in when they were speaking. He closed the door and walked forward, 'Mason, you can leave.' Zubair said to him.

Mason could feel the tense atmosphere in the room as both the brothers stared at each other. Mason nodded his head and left the room. Aayan got up from his chair and glared at Mahir, 'What do you want?' Aayan asked, 'To make up with you...' Aayan was surprised, '...and your family.' Zubair put a finger in his ear and cleaned it, to make sure he was hearing right. Zubair and Aayan looked at each other and back at Mahir, he held a pleasant face which is unusual cause he always came with a smirk or anger, 'I know you must be surprised but I am being honest.' Aayan and Zubair just stared at him.

Mahir kinda felt awkward with all the staring but he still spoke on, 'That day what your fiance...' Mahir began and looked at Aayan to see him frown at the mention of his wife,' ....Sorry, wife said kinda made sense.' Aayan and Zubair frowned, 'I never really understood why I fought with you and hated you, I just went along with what my Ammi said.' Mahir looked down guilty, 'Ammi had always told me that you and Choti Ammi will steal father away from us and leave us with nothing, and I believed her.' Mahir scoffed, 'After what you wife said I realized that, that Abbu never did that. He made sure to make us feel wanted, maybe more than you.'

Not Maybe, Abbu did spend more time with you two.

Mahir looked at a serious Aayan and spoke, 'I did a little thinking and I found out all my hate was useless cause you did nothing to me. I was always the one to start a fight or a fuss, you were the victim for no reason at all.' Mahir was speaking his mind today and he was going all out, 'My mothers hate got transferred to me and it caused trouble in both our lives like your wife said. I know what I did all these years is not worth forgiving but, I sincerely apologise for everything.' Aayan's face relaxed cause he could see the sincerity in Mahir's eyes, 'I am sorry.' Mahir said.

Aayan felt a pang of emotion hit him as those words left his mouth. Aayan looked away as he felt his eyes waver. Aayan didn't speak but just looked away, 'I understand if you don't want to forgive me so soon, but please do. I don't wanna keep fighting with my little brother anymore.' As Aayan heard Mahir say that he looked up at him to see Mahir's eyes also slightly wet. Aayan gritted his teeth to not show any emotions and nodded his head. A smile broke on Mahir's face, 'Thank you, and Sorry I was not able to make it to your wedding. I had a sudden business trip to Russia and I came back just last night.'