CHAPTER 58

The stars are not always visible in the night sky, but when we notice any one visible star, it subconsciously makes us happy.

Ruhee got home and showed her parents the beautiful ring Aayan had gifted her. Of course she didn't tell them that he proposed to her, that would be too much, 'He didn't have to buy such an expensive ring?' Ruhee's mother says. Ruhee also thought the same. She wanted to tell Aayan that, but they were so happy in the moment, she didn't wanna ruin it, 'Oh c'mon. When will women stop seeing the price tag and see the affection?' Ruhee's father joked, which got him a glare from his wife. Ruhee smiled at them. Ruhee's parents were the ultimate couple goals for her, one moment fighting and arguing, and the other moment all lovey-dovey.

I think all the children couple goals are their parents.

Ruhee enters her room and sees her brother busy working in his laptop. She places her bag down goes to stand next to him. He didn't notice her but she stood there until he did. Ian let's out a big sign and looks towards his sister to have a big grin on her face, 'What!?' he asks, getting annoyed. Ruhee quickly shows him her left hand. He looks at her hand and frowns, 'You burnt your finger again?' he asks. Ruhee scowls at him and shows him the ring finger, 'Did Ammi finally find you responsible enough to not lose a ring?' he says. Ruhee inhales deeply, 'I can never expect proper words from you, can I?' Ruhee asks, and Ian shakes his head in a "No".

'Yeah Yeah. I figured.' Ruhee says, and continues, 'Aayan proposed to me.' with utter excitement. Ian stares at her for a moment longer and says, 'You are already married yet, you're getting married again, and then he also proposes to his wife who is also gonna be his would be wife. Wow, you're husband is on a role.' he goes back to working. Ruhee scowls at him again and walks away. She knows internally he is very happy for her, but showing appreciation to a sister is like asking a brother to keep his room clean.

I mean, he is not going to die if he says some good things to me. Or is he?

Around dinner time, Ruhee was busy in her room doing her college work when her mother calls her. She goes out to see her aunt from Riyadh on video call. She happily goes and takes her dads mobile from his hand and says, 'Hey Phupi!' Her Elder Aunt, Jania, softly laughs at her energy and says, 'Hey dear. How is my would be bride doing?' Ruhee grins at her and says, 'I am doing good, and I'll be doing even more good if you would come for my wedding.' Ruhee saddens at the end. Her aunt frowns on the screen and taps her chin, 'Now, I wouldn't want my little niece to be just feeling good on her wedding, now would I?' her aunt says and Ruhee nods with a pout. Her aunt laughs and says, 'Then cheer up little one. We are coming to your wedding.'

Ruhee gives her a confused look and her aunt continues, 'We were able to book our tickets just a week before your wedding date. Which means we can enjoy your wedding.' Ruhee's frown doesn't take time to flip into a smile. Ruhee starts bouncing in her seat happily. Happy was not enough to describe her happiness. She spoke to her aunt a little longer and then ran into her room to call Aayan. While she was speaking to Aayan, she told him how she still wished her uncle could make it, just then her mother called her for dinner, so she cut the call.

Next morning, Ruhee was seated between her friends in college and talking normally when Afza asked, 'Are you not going to tell the class you are engaged?' Ruhee looked around her class. Her entire class had an incredible bond with each other. She wanted to tell them, but she was feeling very shy, 'I would love to, but I am feeling really very shy.' Ruhee says to her friends, 'Oh c'mon. We will stand with you.' Jian says, 'Yeah.' Aina urges aswell. Soon, the girls drag Ruhee to stand before her class. As the four girls assemble before them, Ruhee's classmates give them their attention.

'Girls, Ruhee has an announcement to make.' Afza yells out. They all now stare at Ruhee. Ruhee looks back at her friends and becomes incredibly shy. She has been before them before, but as their department president or friend or representative, but never as Aayan's fiancee. Ruhee takes a deep breath in and says,