CHAPTER 24

What do you think when you see the night sky? Some say it's beautiful while some say it's alone. The feeling when one gets of loneliness when they look at the beautiful night sky, it's not because they feel lonely, it's because they want to be alone, in their own thoughts sometime.

You might find the night sky lonely, but look around, you can see the stars and the moon making it shine. So, when you feel lonely and helpless, look around, you might have someone making you shine.

Aayan could hear choking noises in his sleep, so he got up in alert and looked around. He saw the couch empty and the closet door open. He rushed in to hear the noise coming from the restroom, the door was slightly ajar. He opened it to see Ruhee, puking her guts out into the toilet seat.

He rushed to her and rubbed her back, to ease her. She pushed his hand away, and kept on emptying her stomach. He tried to rub her back again, but she pushed his hand away.

Does she not want me to help her?

Aayan felt sad at that thought. "I don't like..... When someone..... Rubs my.... Back." Ruhee said, between breaths and puked more. Aayan understood that, but he had no idea how to help her. "Pickle!" Aayan heard Ruhee rush that word out for her mouth. He ran down to the kitchen, picked up the jar of pickle from the shelf, and ran back to Ruhee.

She was now sitting, leaning her back onto the shelf below the wash basin, a little away from the toilet seat. He knelt down next to her, and opened the jar of pickle and gave her a spoon full. She picked a little on her finger and kept it in her mouth. She did that for like three times, and then rushed back to the toilet seat, to puke.

Aayan looked at her worried. He had no idea what to do. He wanted to do something to help her, but didn't no what to. He has never ailed to a sick person before. It was a first.

Should I wake Ammi?

Ruhee flushed, and came back to her previous position, next to a worried Aayan. She was sweating and breathing heavily. She stood up, by supporting herself on the wash basin. Aayan quickly got up to hold her arm, and she let him. She opened the tap and washed her mouth. She removed her yellow beanie, but Aayan was too busy looking at her face, worried, to notice her hair.

She looked up to her left, to Aayan, with a tired look. Aayan just gave her a small smile, and helped her into the room. She was going towards the couch, but Aayan pulled her towards the bed, making her lay down. She just smiled up to him exhausted, and closed her eyes. Aayan covered her with a blanket. He looked at the clock, to see its 2:39am.

He went to sit on the couch and stared at Ruhee's exhausted sleeping figure. He stared at her for awhile, before leaning back on the couch, closing his eyes.

He woke up again to the same choking noise. He looked towards the bed to see it empty. He ran into the closet, towards the rest room, to see Ruhee puking, again. He was now getting really worried. She is puking non stop. She flushes and leans back on the shelf. Aayan kneels next to her with the jar of pickle. Like before, she takes in little by little with her finger. After a moment, she rushes back to puke into the toilet seat.

God, what do I do?

Aayan was getting desperate to help her. She was puking everything out, she might get seriously ill if this continues. He helps her back into the room, laying her down on the bed and covering her. He kneels next to her and checks her temperature by touching her forehead. She was cold. He pushes few strands of her hair away from her face.

She looks so pale.

Aayan wakes up with a startle, to see Ruhee getting of the bed into the closet. He had fallen asleep kneeling next to her. He goes in to find Ruhee puking again. He frowns.