CHAPTER 41

The sun, the biggest most powerful object in the universe. A big ball of fire that some people believe, will be the cause of earth's destruction. What I am saying is, that the sun has to also rise from the darkness of the space to shine bright in the sky.

She knows.

These two words have been roaming around Aayan's mind since he saw Ruhee standing up the stairs. Aayan had stopped caring about what the world said about him being 'the illegitimate child of Ibrahim & Co.' He came to the conclusion that as long as he let that name tag along, people will mention him like that. He had to out shine that name and make his own name, only then will people shut their mouths.

But today, after so many years, for the first time, he thought that maybe just because of this name, he'll lose someone who has become precious to him. Because people left him when they found the truth, be it family or friends, only Zubair stuck by. He just stood their for awhile, thinking what would Ruhee think of him now. Would she still smile at him the same way and have the same look in her eyes when she looks at him? He didn't know, but he wanted to.

So, he moved his feet, and went straight to stand before his mother's room. He didn't enter, just stood their and heard,'You are really very nice, Ruhee. And after hearing you say those words, I want to let the pain go, by sharing it with you.' Aayan hears his mother's voice say. There was a moment of silence, then he heard his mother start to speak, 'I was 27 when I met Aayan's father, Rasheed Ibrahim, he was 32 then. We met through my father. My father was a big business man and Rasheed had come to meet and collab with my father's company. Then, we met at a company dinner, I had accompanied my father there. We met and started talking and enjoyed the evening together.' Aayan could tell by his mother's voice, that she was relishing those memories.

'We started meeting often at the company, since I used to work there. Then we started meeting daily and soon, fell for each other. One day, in a tragic accident, my father passed away, and I was all alone. My sister was married by then and I don't even remember my mother's face as she had passed away when I was three years of age.' Sahma's voice had gone solemn now. 'I was living at my sisters place, when Rasheed came over and asked my hand in marriage to my sister. My sister was reluctant, but agreed for my sake. We got married and I moved into his penthouse. He would always be gone for two to three months. After a year, my baby boy was born.' Aayan could feel the smile in Sahma's voice. 'Rasheed and I were so happy, but one day, I saw Rasheed on the news with a lady and a small boy. The anchor introduced them as husband - wife, and my whole world came crashing down.' Aayan could feel the pain in his mother's voice, now.

'I was really angry at him for decieving me. I didn't let him enter the house when he came back, but I couldn't stay angry at him for long, after all, I did fall in love with him. I forgave him after two months, but on the condition that he will take me to his first wife and we will live together as one family. He agreed, but who knew Hydari would react like that.' Aayan heard Sahma take a deep breath and continue, 'When we went home, Hydari was devastated, who wouldn't be. Her husband had married another woman and had a child with her, and was standing on her doorstep. She caused a big fuss the whole day, and later, Rasheed took me to another house of his.' Sahma's voice paused for a moment, it felt like she was collecting her emotions.

'The next day, the news was filled with us. "Multi-billionaire, Rasheed Ibrahim, has a mistress and an illegitimate child" "Woman seduces Multi-billionaire, Rasheed Ibrahim" Sure, Rasheed did his best and took down the news but it had already spread like wild fire. Somehow, people had found out where I was staying and news channels and reporters kept on banging at my door, asking me hurtful questions.' Aayan heard a sob leave his mother's mouth and he fisted his hands. Aayan didn't know his mother had to go through all this taunts from the world. He only knew that Hydari didn't accept her, but not all this.