CHAPTER 43

The sun, the moon, stars, clouds and sky, they are the simple gifts of nature. If we don't take time to admire these simple gifts, we will not be able admire the rich ones.

Aayan opens his eyes and looks at the couch, to find it empty. He looks at the time to see it's around 7:24am. He gets up and moves towards the closet. Aayan had never thought sharing his pain and past with Ruhee would make him feel so light. For some reason, he was feeling fresh and he liked it. He was so relieved in hearing the words Ruhee said to him after that, and to be honest, he really slept peacefully after a long time.

It was Monday, and time to follow the daily routine. He walked into the bathroom and took a shower. He comes out and walks to his closet door, to find his clothes hanging on the handle. He picked up the clothes to find a full sleeved yellow and blue stripped t-shirt, a white half sleeved shirt over it and a pair of blue faded jeans. Aayan frowned and saw a sticky note stuck to it. He plucked it out and read it.

Morning!
You are not going to work today. I have already called Mason and informed Zubair about it aswell. Don't think of ditching the clothes I chose for you and wear a suit.
See you soon.
Ruhee.

Aayan just frowned at the note. He was not going to skip work and wear this. He stuck the note on the floor length mirror and opened his closet door. He was shocked, there was not even a single set of his suits, or other clothes hanging in his closet. It was wiped clean. He looked closer to find another sticky note. He plucked it out again and read it.

I told you to not ditch the clothes I chose for you, right? You never listen. Now, wear what you have in your hand, unless you wanna walk around just in a towel.
Hurry up.
Ruhee.

Aayan was really getting annoyed and confused with all these notes. He needs to get his suits back and go to work. He looks at the clothes in his and signs. He cannot walk down stairs just in a towel, so begrudgingly, he puts on the clothes. He looks in the mirror and to be honest, he looked good in casuals. He looked at his naked feet and signed. He looked around for any shoes or flip-flops, but they were also gone. He walked out the closet empty feet. He looked up and saw a pair of his black and white lace up adidas and a watch near the foot of the bed.

How come I didn't notice them.

He walked to his bed and put them on. He was gonna get Ruhee and ask for his clothes, change and go to work. He walked over to the door, and found another note.

Good boy.
Look how good you look in casuals. Now, I know what you are going to do. You are going to come to me, ask where your clothes are and leave to work. Well, all the best for that.
Ruhee.

He huffed and walked out the door and down the stairs. He looked into the kitchen to find it empty. He saw his breakfast on the table, 'Ruhee.' he called out to her, but no reply. He called again and again, but nope. He walked over to his mother's door and found another note.

As you have already noticed, I am not at home. And since you came To Ammi's door, she is also not at home. She has gone to Shifa Auntie's house. The plans were made in the morning only and don't worry, Zubair came to pick her up.
Now, go have your breakfast.
I am waiting.
Ruhee.

Aayan was getting really mad by now.

What in the world is she planning?

Aayan scrunched the paper and threw it away. If Ruhee was not gonna give him his clothes, he is gonna find them himself. So, he starts searching the entire house. The guest room, Sahma's room, laundry room, his room and the study. Under the couches and behind the cupboards but none. He couldn't find his clothes anywhere. He huffed and walked over to the dining table and sat down for breakfast. He might be angry but he is also hungry. He opened the lid covering his breakfast. He rolled his eyes as he saw another note.