30

FLASHBACK

The wallpaper is cream with large with pastel flowers, there are large decorative picture frames with paintings of tea pots covering the walls. The carpet is is dusty pink colour, the whole room looks like its stuck in the 40s. Every surface is covered in little pottery figures and frames dry flowers I smirk as i look at Ark, he looks so out of place here. The fact that hes dressed head to toe in black and he's holding a delicate china teacup is hysterical to me. 

"This is bull shit" he complains.

"noah" betty chastises him and gives him a warning look.

"would you like a cucumber sandwich" I ask as i look over the finger sandwiches that sit on the cake stand. 

"get fucked"

"noah i will not tell you again" 

"ill have a sandwich" he replies with defeat.

He takes the small triangle and looks at it in disgust. I have to admit it is unnecessarily small. 

"yummy", he pushes the whole sandwich in his mouth, his voice is dripping in sarcasm.

"did you not say i could choose where we celebrated my birthday"  Betty reminds him.

"if you wanted tea i could have took you to London for a vacation" Ark complains

"no way, cant stand the brits" 

"have you ever been" Betty asks me, i shake my head.

"i visited Germany and Italy with the band but i had to get back to work before they got to London" i had been devastated that i could not stay on the European tour.

"i haven't left the US since i was a child, my dad would take us to see family in Italy every summer. After he died i couldn't bare to visit"

Ark piles his plate high with mini cakes and scones, i know hes regretting letting her make the booking. Ark is more of a steak and potato guy not fancy finger food.

Betty isnt enjoying the food and experience as much as she makes out, im fairly sure that shes doing this to torment her son. When i catch her taking sneaky photos of him pouring tea my suspicion is confirmed.

"i had expected you to wear a suit, this is a classy establishment" Betty pulls a hair fascinator out of her bag and places in on her head.

"now i know your fucking with me" Ark points at her.

Betty tries to keep a straight face but it isnt long until she's laughing, her snorting has the other tearooms customers glaring at us.

"come on ill le you buy me a steak ive never been as hungry" Betty collects her bag and leaves the table.

Ark is laughing as he places a pile of notes on the table, "that woman is a sadist"