"Believe me"

Star's pov

I stared in shock as Marco fell unconsciously to the floor.

I dropped down to him. "Marco! Marco!" I shook him, trying to wake him up but he wouldn't budge.

I frantically looked left and right, trying to find the source of this. "W-who's there?!" I screamed. "Come out and show yourself!" I was shaking, trying to control myself.

I hear a rustle from the bushes left of me. Suddenly, a large group of men came out, cheering. They didn't seem to notice me but I recognized one of them. I froze.

Dad?

"And that is how you catch a werewolf men. Good ol silver." He chuckled a bit and turned around to face me. His eyes widen, "STAR! Star my darling!"

He ran up to me and hugged me tight, carrying me off the ground. I was glad to see him again but I was still shocked at what happened.

My eyes landed on Marco's unconscious body on the floor, wrapped in chains and ropes. I came back into reality.

I pushed my dad off of me and asked panicking, "D-dad, what are you doing here? And what did you do to Marco?"

"Huh? Who's Marco? I was saving you from the vicious werewolf of course." He replied, matter of factly.

Dad started scanning my body. His face turned angry. "Did he do this to you?!"

That's when I realized I still had scratches and bruises from the past few days. "Oh nononono," I started waving my hands at him, "He didn't do this to me. He would never do this to me, in fact, he was the one who saved me from Exoria!"

Everyone looked at me as if I was crazy.

Dad stepped forward and put his hand on my forehead.

"Star, are you feeling well? Werewolves are our enemies. And plus, Exoria is not real, she's just a fake person we told our kids as children to make sure they didn't go into the forest. Jeez the forest must have messed with your head badly." He muttered the last part to himself but I still heard him.

I shook my head, disbelieving what I was hearing, "No dad, she is real! A-and werewolves are not evil. He SAVED me dad, he's my friend." I was starting to tear up.

"Please dad, believe me."

It was silent for a while, my dad and I were just staring at each other. His face suddenly turned frustrated, "Thy God, we need to get you out here!"

He turned around and started ordering his men. "Put the werewolf in the cage. Make sure he is secured."

The men immediately followed my dad's orders. I tried to stop them but dad blocked me. "Dad, no!!" Two guys dragged Marco to a cage in the back and basically threw him in there.

I begged him, "Dad please don't do this, he's innocent!" "It's ok sweetie. Everything is going to be okay. Men, let's go! Back to the empire!" And off they went. I had no choice but to follow along.

I'm sorry Marco.

Sorry this is so late, I had AP Exams but I'm done so woohoo