"Promise"

*2 days later*

Marco's pov

I opened my eyes. It was dark everywhere. I was laying on a hard floor.

Not again.

I sat up and took in my surroundings which wasn't much since it was black as night. I walked straight until I was held back by some bars.

Am I in a cage again?

I started to panic. What the hell is going on?

I heard a door opening, followed by silent footsteps headed in my direction. Not wanting to get caught awake for whatever reason, I quickly laid back on the ground pretending to be asleep.

I opened my eyes a bit. The figure stood in front of my cage, holding a flashlight. It also was wearing a cloak so I couldn't see their face.

It sighed, "Oh Marco"

How does it know my name?

As if answering my question, the stranger pulled its hood down.

Star!

She turned into a bat to get through the bars then transformed back. She knelt down to my level. I closed my eyes all the way. She cupped my cheek and rubbed it. 

I heard sniffling.

Is she crying?

"Marco, I'm sorry for coming into your life and ruining it. I'm so sorry I got you into this mess. You could be enjoying your life back home, but instead you're in a jail cell and it's all my fault."

I'm in jail?! Where?!

"You've been unconscious for 2 days."

Two days?!!

"They wouldn't allow me to bring you medical help. I tried talking to my dad, telling him werewolves aren't mean, they're just like us, but he never listens."

She brushed her hand through my hair.

"He thinks I'm crazy, that the forest messed with my head." She chuckled a bit. "I guess he is a little right though. I am crazy . . . crazy for you."

Huh?

"I know, I sound insane even if you can't hear me, but it's true. You make me feel something I've never felt before, something stronger than what I had with my ex. If you did like me too, which I doubt..."

If only she knew.

"... I wish we could be together, but no one will accept us, all because of some stupid incident that happened a long time again. It's dumb."

"But I'm going to find a way to get you out of here and back to your home. You've done so much for me, it's the least I could do."

I felt a tear drop on my face. She sighed again. I figured it was time to "wake up."

I fake groaned as if I was just waking up from my unconsciousness.

"Star?" I asked quietly, opening my eyes.

"Marco!" she tackled me to the floor and hugged me tight. I wrapped my arounds around her. She started tearing up.

"I-i'm so s-sorry M-marco." I patted her back, "Hey hey, don't cry. Shh, It's ok Star."

Once she was done crying, she pulled away slowly. Our faces were a few centimeters apart. We just stared at each other, afraid to lose one another.

All of a sudden, she grabbed my shirt and pulled me toward her, interlocking our lips together.

I was shocked for a while before I reciprocated the kiss.

She was pulling away, but I pulled her back in, not wanting this moment to end.

After some time, we pulled away, resting our foreheads together.

"Does this mean ... ?" She asked.

"Yeah" I said, already knowing what she was about to say.

She looked at me with determination in her eyes, "I'm going to get you out of here. Promise."

I grabbed her hand and intertwined it with mine. "I trust you."

She stood up, so I stood up with her. "I need to go before someone notices I'm gone."

"Do you have to go sweetheart?" I said jokingly flirty. She giggled, "Don't worry, I'll come back tomorrow night."

I sneaked in a quick peck, making her blush. She turned into a bat and went through the bars, transforming back. "I'll see you tomorrow Diaz." She smiled. I cheekily grinned back, "See you tomorrow."

She gave me one last look before putting her hood up and walking off.

As she closed the door, I couldn't stop smiling.

Did that actually happen?

I laid down on the floor, trying to make it as comfortable as possible. I couldn't help but wonder ...

What is she planning?

Yo, I'm ending the book soon.😭 There's probably gonna be about 1-3 more chapters. We've come a long way. But don't worry, I'm going to start on my next book asap! <3