"It's for the best"

*the next day*

Marco's day passed by quickly.

He woke up early in the morning and just stared up at the ceiling. He couldn't really do anything.

It wasn't until mid afternoon when he was given food, and not the pleasing type. He still ate anyway, he was starving.

At every hour of the day, he got glares and stares from the guards on duty. It didn't really bother him. He just shrugged them off.

His back was getting stiff from lying down for so long. He was weary, his whole body feeling weak. He tried to forget about the pain by coming up with the randomist thoughts.

Why does quicksand work slowly?

If pro and con are opposites, wouldn't the opposite of progress be congress?

How can someone be dirt poor, and another be filthy rich?

If parents say, "Never take candy from strangers" then why do we celebrate Halloween?

He also couldn't help but wonder, What is Star doing right now?

*With Star*

Star woke up late today after sneaking out to see Marco last night. She had planned to wake up early to execute her plan but that obviously didn't happen.

She eventually dragged herself out of bed. She went to the bathroom to shower and change. She decided on a casual outfit consisting of jeans and a t-shirt. She had her hair up in a lazy long ponytail.

By the time she put on her shoes, it was already after 2.

She grabbed a random bag, her phone and went downstairs. She needed to head to the family library.

When she got there, she heard voices behind one of the bookshelves. She quietly went toward the noise.

When she peeked around a shelf, she saw her father and some of the main guards talking.

She was going to walk away when she heard something that caught her interest. She paid more attention.

"Sir, keeping the werewolf in the dungeon is not a safe choice. We are only putting ourselves in danger," spoke one of the men.

River replied to him, rubbing his beard, "I agree. The people are scared for their lives. We can't have this fear in my empire."

Another one talked, "Sir. I think you know what needs to be done."

"I'm afraid so. Sr. Duncan, prepare the rope and stadium. Sr. Kristoph, make a public announcement: tomorrow at noon, we will have a public lynching of the beast."

Stars eyes widened. No. They can't be serious. They can't kill Marco. I won't let them.

Star went to the opposite side of the library, in search of a book. She scanned through the shelves until she found the book she was looking for.

It's for the best.

Star left the library and headed to her room. She locked myself in there until it was time to see Marco.

Outside her window, she heard Kristoph make the public announcement. It made her want to cry. Marco didn't deserve this. He should be home with his friends and his mom, not here in a dungeon.

Why can't we just put our differences aside.

She sighed and prepared to break Marco out.

She wore dark clothes and put the book, important essentials and her cloak in her bag then walked downstairs.

Everyone was already asleep so she had to be quiet. She made a pit stop to the kitchen to fetch Marco something to eat. She got a sandwich, an apple and some water and put it in her bag.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Star froze. She's been caught. She slowly turned around.

"Heyyy Mommm" She nervously said.

There stood her mom in her nightgown, arms crossed with an eyebrow raised. "Are you going to explain?" She asked.

Star sighed, "Mom look, I know it seems crazy bu-" "Star," she stopped her. "I know you are going to break Marco, is that his name?, anyways, I know you are going to break him out." "Look Mom, I-"

"I'm not going to stop you."

Star was surprised, "You're not?" Moon walked up and put her hand on Star's shoulder.

"Star, your whole life, you've been someone who would always help someone out if it was the right thing to do. Even though you get in mischief with Janna sometimes, I know in your heart, you mean good. And if your heart is telling you to let Marco go, I won't stop you. I also agree with you, this rivalry has got to stop, hopefully it will one day."

She smiled warmly at Star. Star tightly hugged Moon. "Thanks mom." When they let go, Moon said, "Here, I took them from your dad." She pulled out a chain with a key on it. Star grabbed it and thanked her mom again before exiting the house. She put on her cloak and headed off.

So I recently discovered that the voice actor for Queen Moon is the same for Princess Azula from Avatar: TLA. I've never been happierrrrrr